Second Skin Audio

CleanSierra's build log Fosgate Regular cab!!!

CleanSierra

Is the majority of the box that is visible in the pics covered with body filler, or is that paint? Looks smooth! What type of body filler are you using?

No no. Most of the body filler is currently on me or the garage floor. I really use it to hide the seams. What you are seeing is red oxide primer, my favorite. My dad has always used that color and I am just used to it. Black primer would be more practical to see flaws, but I'm usually pretty straight on my body work.

I use Evercoat Lite weight, same company that makes Rage Gold and Rage Xtreme. It's cheap and sands very well.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Threw some paint on real quick just to check. I don't know how much more work I want to do. I see a couple of areas on this side but not bad. It's that pretty oiled bronze paint I used on am enclosure I built for a buddy.

20130910_005451.jpg

20130910_005511.jpg

20130910_005520.jpg

My favorite:

20130910_005527.jpg

20130910_005537.jpg

Sexy ass ports Justin. What paint is that exactly? You mentioned bronze but to me it looks grey, is it just the picture? I would really like to learn some technique from you too. Your body work, sanding, painting looks amazing. I would love to have a finish like that on the box I'm working on!!

Yeah dude it's just Krylon spray paint. I thought I was picking up gloss black, but I got home and was like, SHIT. I ran with it though and its pretty cool paint. It basically looks like dark gray metallic but instead of the metallic being silver, like most, it's a goldish bronze color.

As far as the technique, I start with body fill to straighten. 80 grit to knock it down followed by 220. 400 is next. I usually prime 2-3 times before color is applied. I sometimes roll on that enamel but it doesn't seem to get as hard as I like and can dent and chip easily.

I'd like this to be SOTM worthy when I'm done with it, so I want it to look better than average :)

Come demonstrate on my box lol. Nah it's not ready for paint yet, I'm moving super slow. .

Well I'm tuned in and would definitely nominate you for SOTM when it's time.

Man you've got some skills for sure!

If you were fabing up some door pods or a dash panel, would you use the evercoat lite or something different?

Archived