Sonic Electronix

I would really appreciate some help in designing a ported subwoofer box for 2 Sundown SA10's to fit behind the seat of a single cab Dodge 3500 Dually. We are currently running a single m5mojo with a pr1000.. I got the dimensions of the port from Memphis and made da box with the help of the Rockford box wizard but we are changing over to the Sundown's see if we can get a little more bass out of the set up.The rest of the system includes and Alpine cda 9886, Rockford P400-4 running a set of Polk Audio 6x9's on da doors.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The box we have right now behind the seat is a 58'wide, 19' tall,4. 5' on the top and 9.5's on the bottom with a 12.5x2x21' port according to the Memphis website that's what it called for. . We had to put 2 extra 3/4 mdf spacers on da mojo because it has almost 9' mounting depth wich was the problem since we began da build. According to the Rockford box builder that gave us 3.15 cf. I gets real good lows but I have seen more flex on less power set-ups.. wich leads me to believe the box design sucks or my expectations were far more than the bass we got!!! My single cat stack on the back of my cab has more bass than the mojo!! I run a Alpine CDA9886 with a fosgate p400 to a set of nice Polk Audio 6x9's on the doors. Don't get me wrong it sounds real clean but da boom is not what I expected. That is why I wanna get rid of the mojo and get 2 Sundown SA!0's. Maybe we can do better..

Archived