Amp Test Tuesday - Hifonics Brutus Elite BE1700.1D Rated 1700x1 - WIN IT! Pre-guesses inside

There it is its good for the price bwhahahahhahah.where all the fanboys

What kind of numbers have you put up and what do you run?

lol. watching this

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

There it is its good for the price bwhahahahhahah.where all the fanboys

What kind of numbers have you put up and what do you run?

popcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gif In b4 teh butthurt.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

I'm not trying to start anything but I still think they are good amps for what they cost. Idk about the newest ones but the brz are good to me. Sorry not everyone is rich enough to afford these huge systems. But for a budget amp u probably can't find better. May not do rated in cert and uncert but dynamic as stated is closer to what is seen in a daily. And at ~14v it does damn close to rated. So its not that big of a piece of shit amp like u may think. Good amp for beginners.

If I ever upload this video there's 2 bre amps going to town in a walled off park avenue. Speakers run off of mb quart amps. One of if not the loudest vehicle and that show of 15 cars. And most were running pretty good gear.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

For what I got it for no. I defidently want to upgrade soon. But I don't have the cash to do it. I'd need new amp. New alt. New batts. Its just not gonna happen right now. It fit in my budget and it did around the power I was looking for. I'm happy with it but if I could I would upgrade.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

It just all comes down to what you can afford.. I had a hifonics amp and then I sold it, it just wasn't for me. It wasn't junk, but it was exactly how it's priced. An entry level amp, that does decent power and isn't complete shit like the rest of those entry level amps. However, it wasn't that great of an amp either. It didn't do 2 ohm rated, or 4 ohm for that matter. It sucked a lot of juice to make what power it did. And all the blue light were too much to handle..

I know what you're saying, that AT amp has blue light on it too.. But they are a third as bright as the new BRX line of amps which is what I had..

Furthermore, in the end.. It seems to me that A LOT of the people who run DD thinks DD is the end all be all of great car audio... But for the price, there is better value out there. Is it Hifonics? Hell no.. Something else maybe. That's just my opinion.. I won't disagree that DD stuff is extremely good. But you do get what you pay for.

Edited by walwalka

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I remember the BRZ1700 being like $200 bucks.. That extra $70 bucks, will pay for the wiring to hook that amp up.. :shrug:

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin