Amp Test Tuesday - Hifonics Brutus Elite BE1700.1D Rated 1700x1 - WIN IT! Pre-guesses inside

Just because i run dd doesnt meani think its the be all end all. But thanks for the laugh its not often take shits at me for running high end woofers

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I remember the BRZ1700 being like $200 bucks.. That extra $70 bucks, will pay for the wiring to hook that amp up.. :shrug:

I'm just going off the $300 Steve spent.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

You said you had an opinion? and that other do to? Well, sorry to tell you but that's my opinion.

Like I said, I agree that it's good stuff. I can't disagree.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

I remember the BRZ1700 being like $200 bucks.. That extra $70 bucks, will pay for the wiring to hook that amp up.. :shrug:

I'm just going off the $300 Steve spent.

Ah, buying the BE1700.1 is dumb.. Hifonics can say it's a different amp all they want.. But the BRZ2000.1 is the same amp, it's $240. What does it do for power? I don't know, nor do I really care..

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

And holy shit! It still cost more than I paid and I still say its less power. I was looking around 1750w for less then $250.

Mine was $259 with 3 year no questions asked warranty. It does *AROUND* 1700w for music. Im happy.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

love this thread :D

Well, i ran DD subs on hifonics amps lol, was loud imo :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Konichiwa, I currently have a BRZ 1700.1 powering four 12" Kicker CVR's in my Grand Prix with "solid" electrical and I have to say it bumps quite well for the rookie class budget build that its intended and dominates for. One thing I do have to mention my buddy Ron (From NorthEast SPL "Team Def J") which was running this past season with two 15" Crossfires V2's off an Ab1100.1 juiced by five XS 3100d's and metered 154.7) and I put two of his 10" Audioque Hd3"s that are in a SPL only enclosure in my Gp for sh**s & giggles wired at .25 and my Brutus powered them with pure authority for 15+ min. (no fusing between amp and power supply) before going into protect and is still playing strong in my Gp. I guess all I am trying to say "politely" is that Brutus amps are like a cheap wh***; they can & will take a serious pounding & still deliver the goods. :twirl: p.s. Take care Steve, so you can continue to impress the hell out of us all.

Edited by Joseph Blankenship

Most of the time you can't just look at an amp and tell if its good or not. For instance look at sundowns amps. Just a black case with numbers and no fusing. Average joes would ha e no idea if its good or not. And then let's not forget that jBL gt500. Of course dollar for dollar this hifonics seems to do decent. But how reliable is it?

Also there is the opinion that it doesn't do label claims. I'm not going to buy a hifonics a d I'm not defending it but show of hands here, how many of you own head units that claim 50x4 that do 12x4?.

I guess what am saying is some people are happy with paying a bit less and like it has been said here a thousand times a couple hundred watts is not going to be noticeable.

popcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gifpopcorn.gif.pagespeed.ce.SLEhW-ceu5.gif
Psh! Whatevs! I have 4 Hifonics 1600s on 12 12s and I just hit 150 deeee beeez! (yeah, seriously- but ask me if I loose sleep at night.) Right now I would rather have money in the bank and no payments instead of different amps. But that is my situation and my choice. Big whup.

Steve did buy this directly from a brick store, so- take the price for what you will. If memory serves, I paid something like $150 for my 1600s. And it was one here, one there sort of thing. I feel they were worth it then, but I would love a single amp- oh, say a single DC 10.0k. But until I have that kind of money or care that much, I will keep what I have. I'm not hating on Hifonics, far from it- but I'm not tilting my hat to the side and saying "yeah bruh- 1600 watts, chrome, blue leds!" either. (I have a bit of a dislike for many Kicker fans for that reason, but it could just be my town. Who knows.

Again thanks a bunch to Steve who did this test and made the vid. Oh the fun that has ensued. :D

....Oh Lordy loo. I may have been running Hifonics before hating Hifonics was cool. ....maybe.

:ghost:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.