Mechman Alternators

my mechman experiece

ya that's mainly why i was getting pissed cause i know they wont contact me over the weekend. i wish he was working on my alt. but i just sent it out yesterday. well hopefully everything will turn out good. i just want the damn thing to fit in my car lol

^ funny they liked the above post yet havent left a responce ?? but i have emailed them on a sunday and got a email back with in a hour so give it a little time !

ya that's mainly why i was getting pissed cause i know they wont contact me over the weekend. i wish he was working on my alt. but i just sent it out yesterday. well hopefully everything will turn out good. i just want the damn thing to fit in my car lol

^ funny they liked the above post yet havent left a responce ?? but i have emailed them on a sunday and got a email back with in a hour so give it a little time !

I was thinking the same exact thing. thats why im questioning there customer service

It is kinda IMPOSSIBLE to fix a problem if the alternator hasn't made it here. The problem with the alternator was an honest mistake Reed but I'm certain that you sir have NEVER made one

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

It is kinda IMPOSSIBLE to fix a problem if the alternator hasn't made it here. The problem with the alternator was an honest mistake Reed but I'm certain that you sir have NEVER made one

Not if you have a......MAGIC CARPET :o
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

ok so i have been wanting to get a 170 amp high output alt from mechman for almost a year. then i finally get the money and order it for my 2001 oldsmobile alero 2.4L. i wait a week and then i get a email that says the tracking code and everything. about a week later i receive my alternator. everything looks great and im super excited to put it in my car. go to my dads shop to put it in. we start taking out the old one and my dad is telling me that shit aint gonna fit. i just keep telling him dad its made just for my car and engine. so we try to put it in and the post and plug are on top of the alterntor instead of on the front. so the post is poking the intake and there is definitely no way this would work. so i take it out put my stock one back in mad as hell that i spent this money and it doesn't fit. so i call mechman and they tell me to send them pictures of the stock and the mechman alt. so i do and they tell me i can send it back so they can move the post and plug to the front were it was suppose to be the first time. i ask the guy brian i was talking to if i could get a shipping receipt so i wouldn't have to pay for shipping since i shouldn't have too. and he tells me we can send it back for free but you have to send it to us and pay for the shipping. so i get real pissed and he just says thats all we can do for you. so i said whatever and called them again and talked to someone else and i talk to josh and he is real cool trying to help me out. he tells me if i return it with my money and then email him a picture of the receipt they would reimburse me. so im like hell ya i guess things are starting to workout after im about to kill myself cause all the bullshit. so i send it off in about a hour and email him the receipt and tracking number and all he says is wow!! is shouldn't of been that much. it should of been no more then 20 bucks he said. and asked if i had special insurance or anything. i emailed him back saying my mom brought it for me and that was the cheapest they could do. which was 39 bucks. so its today and he still hasnt emailed me back from yesterday. so i email him again. call and couldnt get a hold of him. so now im just sitting here pissed cause i had to pay 40 bucks to ship something back that should of fit in the first place and they wont even give me my money back after they promised to reimburse me since its to expensive to give out shipping labels for free. so im just stuck now waiting to get a email.

i can see why your pissed man! but in the end mistakes happen. I know your angry now but man when its fired up and owering im sure it will all be worth it! i use to build rc planes and i had it on the runway 12 times and kept noticing flaws so i wouldn't take off and man was i pissed every time but everytime i put it back on the work bench a tweaked it a little more! when i finally had it all set right and it took off i was soo excited!

moral of the story wait until she fits and the shit along the wont matter ^^. If you want horrible customer service try online car stereo haha

ok so i have been wanting to get a 170 amp high output alt from mechman for almost a year. then i finally get the money and order it for my 2001 oldsmobile alero 2.4L. i wait a week and then i get a email that says the tracking code and everything. about a week later i receive my alternator. everything looks great and im super excited to put it in my car. go to my dads shop to put it in. we start taking out the old one and my dad is telling me that shit aint gonna fit. i just keep telling him dad its made just for my car and engine. so we try to put it in and the post and plug are on top of the alterntor instead of on the front. so the post is poking the intake and there is definitely no way this would work. so i take it out put my stock one back in mad as hell that i spent this money and it doesn't fit. so i call mechman and they tell me to send them pictures of the stock and the mechman alt. so i do and they tell me i can send it back so they can move the post and plug to the front were it was suppose to be the first time. i ask the guy brian i was talking to if i could get a shipping receipt so i wouldn't have to pay for shipping since i shouldn't have too. and he tells me we can send it back for free but you have to send it to us and pay for the shipping. so i get real pissed and he just says thats all we can do for you. so i said whatever and called them again and talked to someone else and i talk to josh and he is real cool trying to help me out. he tells me if i return it with my money and then email him a picture of the receipt they would reimburse me. so im like hell ya i guess things are starting to workout after im about to kill myself cause all the bullshit. so i send it off in about a hour and email him the receipt and tracking number and all he says is wow!! is shouldn't of been that much. it should of been no more then 20 bucks he said. and asked if i had special insurance or anything. i emailed him back saying my mom brought it for me and that was the cheapest they could do. which was 39 bucks. so its today and he still hasnt emailed me back from yesterday. so i email him again. call and couldnt get a hold of him. so now im just sitting here pissed cause i had to pay 40 bucks to ship something back that should of fit in the first place and they wont even give me my money back after they promised to reimburse me since its to expensive to give out shipping labels for free. so im just stuck now waiting to get a email.

i can see why your pissed man! but in the end mistakes happen. I know your angry now but man when its fired up and owering im sure it will all be worth it! i use to build rc planes and i had it on the runway 12 times and kept noticing flaws so i wouldn't take off and man was i pissed every time but everytime i put it back on the work bench a tweaked it a little more! when i finally had it all set right and it took off i was soo excited!

moral of the story wait until she fits and the shit along the wont matter ^^. If you want horrible customer service try online car stereo haha

ya man. that's what makes me so bummed cause i was like a little kid when i got it. So happy to get it and then it doesn't fit. But when i get it this time its gonna fit and im not gonna worry about seeing 10s and 11s anymore so im just hoping everything will be right the next time i get it.

Your not the only one that's happened to Reed...

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Your not the only one that's happened to Reed...

well it all comes down to them making me pay 40 bucks for shipping and then not emailing me back. its not that its doesn't fit its just the way there handling it in my opinion. i understand they have allot of work but when you email someone in 30 minutes when you need something from them and they give it to you and then you don't reply back after i ask if they are gonna reimburse me. i mean im broke dude. im spending every last bit of money getting ready for slamfest