Mechman Alternators

my mechman experiece

Damn dude, everybody makes mistakes. I know you are young and all gung ho, but relax a bit. You should at the least give them a chance to make it right before you go out and bash them on the internet. Especially when dealing with custom automotive parts! I mean, how many times have you gotten an aftermarket part for your ride, and then had to take it back, or fabricate it yourself to make it work? Trust me, you are not the only person that they are dealing with and trying to make happy.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

OK, here's the deal guys-

The Standard S series housings for the unit that Reed originally ordered were on back order. Reed's order was getting to be a couple weeks old, and we try to ship everything within 2-3 business days of ordering. We opted to upgrade him to a 250 amp Elite series unit at no additional charge, (as we had those housings in stock) just to try and speed up the delivery of the order. Additionally, we indicated to the customer that once we receive the unit to change the output stid location, we would upgrade it to a 370 amp Elite series at no additional charge. ($200 additional value) The fitment issue was caused because the Elite series unit has a slightly different output stud location than the S series, even though the bolt pattern and everything else is the same. The slightly different output stud location works fine on all the other hundreds of vehicles that this unit fits, but there is a small interference problem on the 2.4L apparently.

Now, we are getting thrown under the bus for not issuing an immediate refund for shipping , when A) we havn't even gotten the unit back yet, and B) we have not been provided with a proper invoice showing what the shipping cost. On top of all that, Reed is claiming that shipping was $40, when it only cost us $18 to ship the unit to him.

I feel as though we have done everything within our power to make it right for the customer, but we have learned over the years that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

REED- If you are dis-satisfied with the customer service you have received so far, we would be more than happy to refund you the total amount for the order, plus your return shipping. (once a proper shipping receipt is provided, and once we receive the unit intact) I wholeheartedly apologize for any inconvenience you have suffered, I just wanted to step in and make sure that all the facts were known if someone is going to create a MechMan-bashing thread.

regards,

Matthew

• Like (+1 Rep) 8

You offered to upgrade him twice and at the end he'd have a 370 yet he makes this thread over 40 bucks?

Holy shit.

• Like (+1 Rep) 7

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

The Standard S series housings for the unit that Reed originally ordered were on back order. Reed's order was getting to be a couple weeks old, and we try to ship everything within 2-3 business days of ordering. We opted to upgrade him to a 250 amp Elite series unit at no additional charge, (as we had those housings in stock) just to try and speed up the delivery of the order. Additionally, we indicated to the customer that once we receive the unit to change the output stid location, we would upgrade it to a 370 amp Elite series at no additional charge. ($200 additional value) The fitment issue was caused because the Elite series unit has a slightly different output stud location than the S series, even though the bolt pattern and everything else is the same. The slightly different output stud location works fine on all the other hundreds of vehicles that this unit fits, but there is a small interference problem on the 2.4L apparently.

Now, we are getting thrown under the bus for not issuing an immediate refund for shipping , when A) we havn't even gotten the unit back yet, and B) we have not been provided with a proper invoice showing what the shipping cost. On top of all that, Reed is claiming that shipping was $40, when it only cost us $18 to ship the unit to him.

I feel as though we have done everything within our power to make it right for the customer, but we have learned over the years that you can't please everyone no matter how hard you try.

REED- If you are dis-satisfied with the customer service you have received so far, we would be more than happy to refund you the total amount for the order, plus your return shipping. (once a proper shipping receipt is provided, and once we receive the unit intact) I wholeheartedly apologize for any inconvenience you have suffered, I just wanted to step in and make sure that all the facts were known if someone is going to create a MechMan-bashing thread.

regards,

Matthew

regards,

Matthew

well im glad i know what is going on now. i didnt bash mechmans company or whatever you wanna call it. i just wanted opinions on it and now i actually know what happened with my alternator. the shipping was in fact 39 dollars exact. and acutally because i made this thread i did get information. its not like im trying to put a bad name on mechman, i know it seems like i am but its just trying to get information.and why would i get my money back now i already went through the bullshit i just want my alterntor back and in my car.

regards,

Matthew

i havent seen much bashing at all i think we all took your side bud :D and reed was just a little aggravated haha when temper goes up brains go down! thats a wicked upgrade package you offered to keep up the great work.

regards,

Matthew

can you do the same mistake for me? i wont charge you the $40 it cost to send in the wrong alt... you guys have one of the best CS.. knowing about the upgrades i would have kept my mouth shut about the $40 and just let it be

• Like (+1 Rep) 3