Mechman Alternators

my mechman experiece

Your not the only one that's happened to Reed...

well it all comes down to them making me pay 40 bucks for shipping and then not emailing me back. its not that its doesn't fit its just the way there handling it in my opinion. i understand they have allot of work but when you email someone in 30 minutes when you need something from them and they give it to you and then you don't reply back after i ask if they are gonna reimburse me. i mean im broke dude. im spending every last bit of money getting ready for slamfest

Bro, I'm going through the same thing (with a different company, different item as it's not car related). i bought something, didn't fit, i have to pay for shipping, they'll exchange and ship back to me. I sent it to them Tuesday. They received Thursday. I haven't heard anything. Guess what? CALM DOWN. As others stated, companies deal with a lot of people. You don't know what they're doing. Think they're in the back, playing floor hockey? I'm sure they're doing all they can to help not only you, but everyone else.

I haven't heard anything from the company I'm dealing with and I'll give them until Wednesday or so. Then I'll just call them. (Bigger company, they have people dedicated to literally just answering the phones so won't have that problem).

And fact that they're giving you the upgrade, for free? Really gonna complain about $40? I understand, trying to spend all your money to get ready for a competition. But don't you realize what a freaking gift you're receiving? How much bigger of a system, how much money that saves, ect... because you're getting a bigger alt?

But you don't see me blowing up the company saying this is bs. Sucks I have to pay shipping but, it is what it is. No biggie. Just calm down. They've stated what they need/want from you. Just have to give it to them. And then wait a little longer. Being a vendor/sponsor on THIS site means something. Means they're good business. They won't do you wrong. I mean, basically, they're giving you your alt, plus another one, for the price of the one you ordered. I see no problems with that on YOUR side. I'd say bad business for Mech as how you make money on that? Lol. But that, right there, is how and why they're part of this site. Going to diss them and panic because of that? Wow.

From my understanding, Mech is a small company. They don't have but 5? 10? Employees. Think of all the orders. Think of all the calls. Emails. Ordering for their supplies. Finding out tracking information so they can keep their customers updated. Fact you got that one email within an hour, I'd say you're quite lucky. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Sheena = pedobear

I ordered an alternator over a holiday weekend and if I remember correctly the shipping took a little over a week, but dont worry man, mechman WILL treat you right, plain and simple, they are an A+++ company and I refer everyone to them I can.

My only complaint about them, I didnt get any stickers for my rear windshield and then called back and gave them my address and asked them to send me some and I still never got them, and this was 1-2 months ago, but I mean, its only stickers and all of the actual products I got were perfect, so when its something serious like you have, they will treat you right. dont worry man.

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

Damn, upgrade to a 370 for nuttin, wish I would have ordered a 200's and gotten the 370 i got for the lower price, haha

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

I just want to let everyone no that i never knew i was getting a 370 amp alt. if i knew that right from the start i wouldn't of never made this or said anything about shipping. I know it looks like im bashing but i really wasn't trying to. Im happy y'all are fixing it and im sorry for what seems to be a little misunderstanding and me being impatient. i would like to delete the whole thread but i don't know how. Sorry mechman i know yall are a good company now and i feel like a complete dick for making this.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Will his little motor spin over 370amp without belt slip? Most large trucks with v8s cant go bigger then 270amp

Will his little motor spin over 370amp without belt slip? Most large trucks with v8s cant go bigger then 270amp

ya i was kinda thinking that. hmmmm i guess we will see

Just my 2 cent if it's o.k . Mechman is a stand up guy. And SMD is not the place to mess with him. And he is taking care of the problem. My parent Never bought me one red cent of cAR audio. Mom said to me when I was a youngster if you want car audio get off you AZZ and get a job buy it your self hun. But we all make mistakes a time are two.

Edited by 2loud4uboyz