Mechman Alternators

my mechman experiece

Think of it this way bud; if you bought something at Walmart for example, and it was defective, you wouldn't ask Walmart to reimburse you for the gas it took to drive back and return the item.

Although, I have had a company reimburse me for return shipping in the past, there was NO obligation for them to do so, and there shouldn't be. It's your responsibility.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Just going to throw in my $.02 about my Mechman experience. When I ordered my alt for my car 2 years ago, I was in the process of moving and Mechman had built and had it ready for shipping much quicker than I expected, and I had to have my shipping delayed a few weeks because of my move and they had no problems with doing that. All it took was a quick phone call to explain the situation. So maybe you should just call them even if it's just a heads up on "hey guys, I just shipped my alt back to you so be on the lookout". Communication is a powerful thing.

I have seen WAY more good Mechman reviews than bad, therefor I am ordering my new alt first thing tomorrow morning!

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Will his little motor spin over 370amp without belt slip? Most large trucks with v8s cant go bigger then 270amp

LOLOL wuttt
My gas guzzling fire breathing f150 can only have a 250amp alt due to belt slip they said. So how he can have a 370amp on 2.4
Simple. Bolt it in and wire it and giver shit.

Belt wrap does alot. I run 1200A of alts On a TRUE (not a weekend "daily" driver) with no issues. Oviosly if i try to move my truck when alts are loaded down itll bearly move.

An engine will spin anything to an extent.. BUTTTT will the belt hold? Thats when belt wrap and a good belt come into play. I have one alt that slips if i dont have good belt wrap. Odly enough its the stock position alt. ( N8 ill send you some pics of how to fix that..) and when it starts to slip my voltage will drop hard.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Will his little motor spin over 370amp without belt slip? Most large trucks with v8s cant go bigger then 270amp

LOLOL wuttt
My gas guzzling fire breathing f150 can only have a 250amp alt due to belt slip they said. So how he can have a 370amp on 2.4

Belt wrap does alot. I run 1200A of alts On a TRUE (not a weekend "daily" driver) with no issues. Oviosly if i try to move my truck when alts are loaded down itll bearly move.

An engine will spin anything to an extent.. BUTTTT will the belt hold? Thats when belt wrap and a good belt come into play. I have one alt that slips if i dont have good belt wrap. Odly enough its the stock position alt. ( N8 ill send you some pics of how to fix that..) and when it starts to slip my voltage will drop hard.

This guy... knows... knows of multi's

Knows.

Im just starting to "get there"...

I just want to let everyone no that i never knew i was getting a 370 amp alt. if i knew that right from the start i wouldn't of never made this or said anything about shipping. I know it looks like im bashing but i really wasn't trying to. Im happy y'all are fixing it and im sorry for what seems to be a little misunderstanding and me being impatient. i would like to delete the whole thread but i don't know how. Sorry mechman i know yall are a good company now and i feel like a complete dick for making this.

Which is why we constantly tell new members to deal WITH the company and not make a useless fucking threads.

Good day sir, and good job mechman

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

LOLOL wuttt

do you think ill need a new belt or no?

Most of the time you will need a half inch shorter belt because pulley is smaller. I didn't read every post. So I may be wrong. When I got mind had to buy a shorter belt, becuse you don't want belt slip. O.K sir we all live and learn. Mechman is a good guy fixing the problem which all of us new he would.

If a V8 can't turn bigger than a 270 then what do you suppose these companies make 300+ amp alts for? V10's? V12's?

WTF

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0