Ok so I love how well it tunes to the maximum amp power, but I was wondering if you guys would ever consider releasing another disc or a different dd-1 that could accomodate to tuning to .5 or .1% distortion for amplifiers
my speaker amp is rated at .03% distortion at 14.4 volts so I was just wondering if that would ever be possible to run close to it's distortion rating

using the said tones on the current disk tunes to .1%thd.

Since each of the 3 tracks are a lower decibal level so when you play a normal track that is not -5 or -10 db it is louder.

If you want to, you can use the dd-1 with the woofers hooked up at said impedance, and it will work just fine.

But be aware your woofers will start to get loud as you turn the gain up so you may want to do it out of town in a parking lot.

Also if you tune the gain with your woofers connected and use the -5db track, it will be closer to -3, and you will have slighhtly less overlap in power as you woulld with the woofers disconnected.

I just tuned 4 Sundown SA-18s with an Atomic 7000.1 wired at .5 with the woofers connected, deffinitly somethhing you dont want to do in your driveway. ;)

Different tracks don't change the level of distortion at which the dd-1 detects.

Edit: What he said ^^

Edited by SnowDrifter

Unless you're in an ultra quiet home listening room with very high end equipment......

http://www.bcae1.com/thd.htm

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Actually there are. Were only a handful made though

There are no sa-18's only sa-8 thru 15" .

Off the shelf anyways

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Since each of the 3 tracks are a lower decibal level so when you play a normal track that is not -5 or -10 db it is louder.

If you want to, you can use the dd-1 with the woofers hooked up at said impedance, and it will work just fine.

But be aware your woofers will start to get loud as you turn the gain up so you may want to do it out of town in a parking lot.

Also if you tune the gain with your woofers connected and use the -5db track, it will be closer to -3, and you will have slighhtly less overlap in power as you woulld with the woofers disconnected.

I just tuned 4 Sundown SA-18s with an Atomic 7000.1 wired at .5 with the woofers connected, deffinitly somethhing you dont want to do in your driveway. ;)

now exactly what would that achieve between the different tones?
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

now exactly what would that achieve between the different tones?
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm