using the said tones on the current disk tunes to .1%thd.

Since each of the 3 tracks are a lower decibal level so when you play a normal track that is not -5 or -10 db it is louder.

If you want to, you can use the dd-1 with the woofers hooked up at said impedance, and it will work just fine.

But be aware your woofers will start to get loud as you turn the gain up so you may want to do it out of town in a parking lot.

Also if you tune the gain with your woofers connected and use the -5db track, it will be closer to -3, and you will have slighhtly less overlap in power as you woulld with the woofers disconnected.

I just tuned 4 Sundown SA-18s with an Atomic 7000.1 wired at .5 with the woofers connected, deffinitly somethhing you dont want to do in your driveway. ;)

But I thought the dd-1 tunes to just under 1% distortion?

well either way, I'm loving how loud everything is now, and I tuned both subs and speakers to -5db for max quality

4 polk mm571's on a helix blue b four and 2 alpine type r 12's on a kenwood excelon xr-1s, giving them only half their power, its a start to most, but for how clean it is, I love it, just was wondering if its possible to get it cleaner if I can get louder stuff at some point because clean should always come before loud in my book

If you want it cleaner then turn your gain down more, which will be stressing the amplifier less to make power, but also reduce the power it is making.

You could also try building different enclosures something that maybe more efficient, and louder without sacrificing sound quality but would be a tricky challenge ;)

You could also buy a nicer amp then what you are using on your sub stage if thats what you want cleaner. I mean your running Helix on your mids & highs, but then are tossing in a cheap kenwood on your subs if you get what Im saying ;)

and for the guy with the sa-18 comment.

here you go. :D
there where only about 8-10 of them made iirc, heres 4 of them that I built (normally Sundown/OA builds them up).

20130411_033702_zpsf6328ee7.jpg

I'm confused why people think I'm talking about subwoofers, I was talking about an amp in general but if it matters it is a speaker amp

I just don't want to turn the gain even a hair too low, yeah I know it's a bit excessive, but that's me lol

and the guy linking about distortion being hard to hear, I hear things too easily, I only need my laptop 30% volume and I can hear those mild differences in tone, when I turn the volume on my head unit past 47 right into 48, it's hard to tell, but its there, 49 gets full horrible though

but damn is everything louder