Fuzzy336's Multi car Build Log - 2002 Tahoe, 2004 Tahoe, 93 Toyota Pickup, and more!

Welcome to Alex Crane's aka Fuzzy336's multi car build log!

So after reading so many different Build logs, and sense I have built a few trucks up myself, i decided that it would be pretty fun to make my own build log, For starters I'm going to cover my 3 main vehicles, my 2002 Tahoe, my 2004 Tahoe, and my 93 Toyota pickup, the build logs will cover everything I've done to each vehicle from cosmetics to audio work and everything else in between, so I hope you all enjoy my multi build log!

Please note that 95% of the work that has been done was done before i ever decided to take pictures of everything during the process but I will definitely take pictures of everything that I do from here on out!

This top post will primarily just be used as an Introduction page and a reference page linking to all future posts with important updates so you don't have to scroll through every page looking for all the small details, and on top of that, every major upgrade will be edited into these 4 top posts to make the process easier.

Guide:

Post 1 = Introduction and reference post

Post 2 = 2002 Tahoe

Post 3 = 2004 Tahoe

post 4 = 1993 Toyota Pickup

Post 5 = Future vehicles

I currently own all of these vehicles so updates will come as soon as I can with all of them.

Update links:

(Direct links to major updates on other pages, coming soon)

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

2002 Tahoe Build Log.

So this Tahoe is my current main project. I picked it up off of craigslist for a pretty good price and I have just been going to town on it.

Currently, everything non audio related done to this tahoe so far is:

1) 26" U2's

2) Kenwood Excelon Headunit

3) 4 tv's, 5 if you include the flipout touchscreen radio, 2 in the front 2 headrests, flipdown for the backseat, and one in the dash

4) Custom fabricated lower console to hold the radio and temperature control sense the tv in the dash takes up all of the dash

5) 3" suspension drop (or so I was told by the previous owner)

6) Flowmaster 55 series exhaust

7) blacked out LED taillights

8 ) HID headlights

9) Billet Grill

10) 35% tint on front 2 windows, and 5% on top of the stock tint on every other window besides the windshield but it has a 6" 15% brow

11) AC/DC converter with a ps2 in the cup holder of the bench seat in the 2nd row

12) Every interior light was replaced with LED's

13) Painted the front chevy bow tie to match the car

14) Vent visors and blind spot mirrors (these 2 small things make a HUGE difference lol)

Everything Audio related I've done so far include:

1) 2 15" Kicker L7's in a box i designed myself that is 12^3 ft after all displacement tuned to 32.3 Hz

2) 4 Powerbass pro audio 6.5's

3) 4 Powerbass Tweeters

4) 2 Stinger SPV44 batteries in the back

5) all 0 awg wire running from the front to back

6) Mechman 270 apm H.O. alternator

7) Stinger volt meter

8 ) Kicker zx2500.1 running the 2 L7's

9) Kicker dx400.4 running all of the door speakers

10) 1/0 power and ground wire from the alternator to the battery and for the Big 3

My plans for the Tahoe:

1) Repaint it Electric Blue

2) Replace the TV in the dash with an ipad/ipad mini

3) Design a box for 4 15's tuned to 32 Hz and is 20-24^3 ft after all displacement

4) Add 2 more 15" L7's so there are 4 of them and add a 2nd zx2500.1

5) Add a 2nd dx400.4 and add 8" midbass to the back doors and a set of tweeters to the back doors, and then 4 tweeters to the front doors along wit the 6.5's

6) Replace the battery under the hood with a XS D3100 and replace the stinger SPV44's with a 2nd D3100

7) Replace all of the 0 awg wire with 1/0 and have 2 positive runs of 1/0 from hood to rear

8 ) A LOT of sound deadener

I'm sure Ill do alot more than that but these are my immediate plans.

Here are some pics of the Tahoe so far:

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

Here is a pic of the amp:

IMAG0011.jpg

And the first ever local Bass competition I ever did I got 1st place with a score of 143.8 DB and that was before I had any good songs my system maxed out on.
IMAG0154.jpg

And if you want to see any videos of my Tahoe feel free to check out my youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fuzzy336

My Youtube Channel

Trying to guess the SPL of a system with out a meter is like trying to guess how much air pressure is in a compressor tank just by letting some of the air out.

...Seems like 90 psi...

2004 Tahoe build log.

I bought this Tahoe before I got the one posted above, and It was mainly for me to get used to Tahoes because I got it for so cheap.

Everything I did to this Tahoe include:

1) JVC double din touch screen radio

2) Sony Door speakers

3) Kicker zx2500.1 and Dx400.4 (I moved both of these to the 02 Tahoe once I got it)

4) 20" triple 5 spoke rims

5) window tint

6) 2 Stinger SPV44 batteries (Also moved to the newer Tahoe)

7) 2 15" Kicker L7's in a small box that didnt sound too good, I got the new box build when I moved the subs to the black Tahoe

8 ) vent visors and blindspot mirrors

Im not really doing too much more work to this vehicle and am actually in the process of trying to sell it so I can finish the work to the 02 Tahoe and the 93 Toyota Pickup.

Here are some Pics of the Tahoe when the system was in it and the rims on it.

IMAG0051.jpg

The box the subs came in before I designed my own

IMAG0053.jpg

and here is how I had the amps and batteries set up because the 2nd row was bucket seats instead of a bench seat

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

As soon as I sell this Tahoe I will be doing a lot of work on the other two vehicles and possibly pickup a new vehicle.

My Youtube Channel

...Seems like 90 psi...

1993 Toyota Pickup Build Log.

This truck right here is my baby, read below to find out why.

I was born in 1991, on May 18th, which was also my dads birthday. Well in 1993 my dad bought a brand new 93 Toyota Pickup 2wd base model, 22re 2.4 4cylinder motor with 5 speed manual transmission. This thing was so basic that it didn't even have a passenger door side mirror. Well as fate would have it, in 1996, my dad was diagnosed with Melanoma, which eventually killed him may 17th of 1999, the day before my 8th birthday and the day before his 46th birthday. My dad left me the truck in his Will so my mom and I kept my truck parked in the back of the driveway and let it sit there for roughly 12 years. Late 2011 I decided to learn how to drive a stick, and once I learned I fell in love with the truck. At the time I started driving it, it had less than 107k miles on it. It currently has Around 125k miles. Also considering the fact my dad was the original owner, it stayed in the family sense the time of purchase. So, I got the idea, "hey, why not fix up the truck that my dad left me, out of respect for him and because I'm never going to get rid of it."

Ever sense I decided to made this truck my first ever project and I realized it will probably be a never ending one. This is also the first vehicle I installed a system into.

From the time that I started working on it, the only things that have had to be replaced because they broke are the:
1) Radiator
2) Starter
3) Clutch

4) Harmonic Balance

And from the time that I started fixing up the truck, this is everything that I have done to it so far (but not in order):
1) Wrangler Radial 235/75/15 tires on black bullet hole rims (roughly 29 inches tall by 9 inches wide)
2) 2 inch body lift
3) Magnaflow 2.25" cat back exhaust
4) 35% driver and passenger side window tint with 20% on the back glass and brow on the windshield
5) Brush guard
6) 100% completely custom rear bumper with a towing hitch designed by me and welded by a local shop
7) UWS black diamond plate Tool box
8 ) Sylvania Silverstar headlights and reverse lights
9) Gas-a-just shocks
10) Sr5 instrument cluster swap from a 1994 Toyota 4runner, stock cluster only had 3 gauges, the new one has 6.
11) Installed oil pressure level reader and wired the tachometer so all gauges work
12) K&N Cool air intake
13) Replaced the bench seat with Bucket seats from am Isuzu Rodeo
14) Basic center console with cup holders and the such
15) Carpeted The entire floor of the truck
16) Added Mossy Oak camo floor mats
17) Rain-X windshield wipers
18) vent visors over the windows
19) Alpine Radio with AUX and USB ports
20) Kenwood 6.5" 3-ways in the doors
21) 6"x9" 3-ways behind the seats
22) Upgraded the stock 4" speakers in the molding with 4" 2-ways
23) Blacked out the Tail lights
24) Got a Reece Hitch
25) Added a passenger side mirror
26) Got the truck repainted its original red
27) Spray on bed liner
I'm sure there is a whole lot more that I've forgotten but I will update the list when I remember.

My relatively close future plans for this truck include:
1) 3.5" fabtech control arm lift kit and rear axle flip kit

2) Add power steering

3) Add Black 3" Nerf bars under the doors to match the pipe in the brush guard and the rear bumper.

4) Go from 29" tall by 9" wide tires to 31" by 10.5" wide general grabber at^2's

5) Add a 400.4 amp to run to all my speakers

6) Upgrade my single din Alpine radio to a double din JVC touchscrren radio from my 2004 Tahoe

7) Replace the 3way 6.5's in the doors to PA 6.5's, replace the 4" 2ways in the dash to PA 4's, and replace the 3way 6x9's behind the seats to a shallow 8 for a little bass

Here are some pic's of how my truck currently looks:

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0025.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

Now for the all of the audio work Ive ever done to this thing, my very first sub was a Kicker comp 10" in a prefab box from bestbuy behind the bench seat, I ran it off of a Kenwood 350 watt amp I got off of a friend for $25.

IMAG0008.jpg

A pic of the first sub I ever owned, the 10" kicker comp.

After a month or 2 I decided that wasnt enough bass for me so I Bought a used 10" l7 off of craigslist for $120 and built my first box, it was a sealed inclosure with .66^3 ft airspace sealed, and I replaced the bench seat with bucket seats so I could stand up the box in between the seats. I realized the amp wasnt big enough so I bought a kicker dx1000.1 from best buy also and was quite happy with the setup for many months, but the calling of being a true basshead got the better of me, and sense I couldn't really do much more because of lack of space I ended up building my next system, a 15" Kicker L7 in a superbass probox running off of the dx1000.1 in a toyota celica I used to own, but sense that was the only thing I ever did to that car, I wont go into details about it. My next serious build I ever did was a 2004 Tahoe which you can read about above. About a week before I put the 15 in the celica I ended up blowing the 10" kicker L7 so I pulled the amp and sub out of it completely. I plan to still do more work to this truck because of the sentimental value it holds, but will never go balls to the wall with the system build in this truck.

IMAG0047.jpg

A pic of the 10" Kicker L7 I had in the pickup.

My Youtube Channel

...Seems like 90 psi...

Future Vehicles build log.

Once the 2004 Tahoe is sold I want to pick up a 2000 Black BMW 323i 4 cylinder 5 speed. my plans for that car once I get it include 2 10" Kicker L7's running off of the dx1000.1 amp in the trunk, a dx400.4 and 4 Precision Power 6.5 PA's running off of that amp. Black 18" racing rims. Drop the car about an inch. Black window Tint. New exhaust and a cool air intake, and blackout all the lights and chrome, basically I want to straight up murder it out.

Currently this is all speculation but this is my goal as far as my next car goes as soon as my money is right.

So feel free to comment anything you like about my multi-car build log and I will answer any and all questions.

My Youtube Channel

...Seems like 90 psi...

Archived