AD-1 Dyno Results(DC 3.5k and strapped 3.5k update)

You guys have to remember that these tests are under ideal conditions with proper voltage. If you dont have the power, you cant make the power.

Also the dyno tests at resistive loads that are not subject to "rise". The odds of anyone actually seeing .67 reactive in your vehicle are pretty low. That would require wiring stupidly low and is not recommended. I was just doing this test for fun and got a huge number.

I am running all tests at .8, 1, 2, and 4 ohm. The numbers you really need to pay attention to are the 2 ohm and 4 ohm numbers since those are the realistic numbers that most people are probably seeing.

You guys have to remember that these tests are under ideal conditions with proper voltage. If you dont have the power, you cant make the power.

Also the dyno tests at resistive loads that are not subject to "rise". The odds of anyone actually seeing .67 reactive in your vehicle are pretty low. That would require wiring stupidly low and is not recommended. I was just doing this test for fun and got a huge number.

I am running all tests at .8, 1, 2, and 4 ohm. The numbers you really need to pay attention to are the 2 ohm and 4 ohm numbers since those are the realistic numbers that most people are probably seeing.

Was the testing done on the 5k with the 7 bats too?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

First 5k tests were done on 7 D1400s. Second was with 7 D1400s and 14 s1400s

I am going to be running all tests on every amp again along with video so everyone can see the test being done in all modes and ohm loads. Today was more of me just having fun with a new tool.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

In my opinion you can skip the 2 and 4 ohm tests. (on amps that are 1 ohm stable) If anyone is running an amp as expensive as these are, and aren't running them at 1 ohm, well that's just silly. Who would run a 12k at 4 ohms?

Anyway, thanks for doing this. What a great thing to do for the SMD community. Nobody likes paying for 1000 and getting 500. CEA 2006 compliance might just have to change to SMD 2013 compliance!!

In my opinion you can skip the 2 and 4 ohm tests. (on amps that are 1 ohm stable) If anyone is running an amp as expensive as these are, and aren't running them at 1 ohm, well that's just silly. Who would run a 12k at 4 ohms?

Anyway, thanks for doing this. What a great thing to do for the SMD community. Nobody likes paying for 1000 and getting 500. CEA 2006 compliance might just have to change to SMD 2013 compliance!!

You are very mistaken in that thought. Just because you are wired to 1 ohm nominal at the amp doesnt mean you are actually seeing 1 ohm once signal is applied to the subs. Do some research and find out about impedance rise and you will understand what I am talking about better.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Can someone explain the certified uncertified and dynamic part?

Just to be clear. Lol

But 7k out of a 5k is unreal. To think I'm wanting a 7.5k

you basically just want to pay attention to the Uncertified numbers, since that is measured how most will tune their amps.

Certified it tested until there is 1% distortion, Uncertified ignores distorting and just looks for clipping, Dynamic shouldn't even be thought of as anything of importance. Its how much power is put out over 1/10th of a second blurp from the amp. So its more like that MAX power rating everyone says not to look at. They market it to say the dynamic test is how much power you get on music and the others are tones, but how many songs do most people play that only have bass notes that hit for 1/10th of a second?