AD-1 Dyno Results(DC 3.5k and strapped 3.5k update)

if only people could play music at .67 after rise lol

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

No kidding. I know those tests are not realistic, I do them more for shits and giggles.

The numbers that really matter to me are the 2ohm and 4 ohm numbers. Those are the realistic numbers that people are going to see on a daily basis in your typical daily install that is wired to 1 ohm.

The 3.5k is rated to do 1800w at 2 ohm and 750w at 4ohm.

Testing on this particular amp did 2080w Certified at 2 ohms and 1099w Certified at 4 ohms. Those are very respectable numbers and OVER rated power at those ohm loads.

Yeah, then more people would be blowing their stuff more often!

Lol, no but honestly, does anyone really need their amps max potential, on music, at all times? I know I don't.

On a different note, I'd love to see a Kicker amp tested. See if it does it's 2 ohm rating... like a ZX2500.1 for example, rated @2500 RMS @2ohms.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

potential 10k out of a 5k is silly

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I wish people would get off of that train right now, saying .8 or 1 ohm numbers don't matter because of rise...

Who in here is discrediting 14 voltage numbers because some people don't have the proper electrical and drop to 12 volts?

"Yeah, screw those numbers because they're at 14 volts and I drop to 11"

You are seeing what the amp CAN do at this impedance and this voltage, it's up to the user to get as close to those conditions as possible. Not the amps

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And ANY smart individual WOULD care about what the amp can do at 2 and 4 ohms, they are just good bits of information. And if you want to leave power output alone since it's a daily setup no need to factor rise, good...but knowing what an amp does clean is just good info.

Taylor does an awesome test and everyone cries about this and that. Cody goes out of his way, spends big money and does this test and people still find something to gripe about. Yes, I'm annoyed, lol. You don't like the test? Think it's irrelevant? Don't care about 2 and 4 ohm clamps? Then just keep your $0.02 to yourself ;)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Can someone explain the certified uncertified and dynamic part?

Just to be clear. Lol

But 7k out of a 5k is unreal. To think I'm wanting a 7.5k

you basically just want to pay attention to the Uncertified numbers, since that is measured how most will tune their amps.

Certified it tested until there is 1% distortion, Uncertified ignores distorting and just looks for clipping, Dynamic shouldn't even be thought of as anything of importance. Its how much power is put out over 1/10th of a second blurp from the amp. So its more like that MAX power rating everyone says not to look at. They market it to say the dynamic test is how much power you get on music and the others are tones, but how many songs do most people play that only have bass notes that hit for 1/10th of a second?

you are wrong bro. The dynamic test is still RMS. It is not "max", "maxx", or "maxxx". It is not peak. The test does use a pulse rather then a 10 second sine wave but it hits hit fast and hard for about 10 of those "pulses". It mimics the strain on the amp it would see when playing something dynamic....like music. That test is legit and should still not be confused with peak numbers at all. In fact, i have found most amps don't do THAT much higher of a number from non-cert to dynamic burst. Usually it's a little higher, but not much. Due to the different amplifier designs, some amps kick ass in dynamic burst, some only see a small increase. But again, it isn't to be confused with a "if lighting struck it" situation because that is far from the case. :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 8

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I wish people would get off of that train right now, saying .8 or 1 ohm numbers don't matter because of rise...

Who in here is discrediting 14 voltage numbers because some people don't have the proper electrical and drop to 12 volts?

"Yeah, screw those numbers because they're at 14 volts and I drop to 11"

You are seeing what the amp CAN do at this impedance and this voltage, it's up to the user to get as close to those conditions as possible. Not the amps

You are 100% right.

And Dynamic RMS.. I've heard it all now.

Even if an amp puts out more power "dynamically" that is even measurable compared to constant output, it wouldn't matter to anyone..

1- The cycle algorithm for SPL Meters are not effected by dynamic bursts so the potential output power dynamically is of no importance.

2- For continuous output, dynamic peaks in the output will not be audible to the rest of the frequency range that would currently be in use.

So, we can actually say it is like peak because if it does not help in competition nor for music, then people will only benefit from that specification as much as people benefit from peak ratings.

Edited by shizzzon
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

468.png