AD-1 Dyno Results(DC 3.5k and strapped 3.5k update)

I wish people would get off of that train right now, saying .8 or 1 ohm numbers don't matter because of rise...

Who in here is discrediting 14 voltage numbers because some people don't have the proper electrical and drop to 12 volts?

"Yeah, screw those numbers because they're at 14 volts and I drop to 11"

You are seeing what the amp CAN do at this impedance and this voltage, it's up to the user to get as close to those conditions as possible. Not the amps

You are 100% right.

And Dynamic RMS.. I've heard it all now.

Even if an amp puts out more power "dynamically" that is even measurable compared to constant output, it wouldn't matter to anyone..

1- The cycle algorithm for SPL Meters are not effected by dynamic bursts so the potential output power dynamically is of no importance.

2- For continuous output, dynamic peaks in the output will not be audible to the rest of the frequency range that would currently be in use.

So, we can actually say it is like peak because if it does not help in competition nor for music, then people will only benefit from that specification as much as people benefit from peak ratings.

no, you can't actually say "it's like peak" because it is'nt....

it sounds like you don't understand how it works or what any of it means.

please read this, it might help.

http://www.damoreengineering.com/documents/Amp%20Dyno%20AD-1%20Ver.%201.pdf

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I wish people would get off of that train right now, saying .8 or 1 ohm numbers don't matter because of rise...

Who in here is discrediting 14 voltage numbers because some people don't have the proper electrical and drop to 12 volts?

"Yeah, screw those numbers because they're at 14 volts and I drop to 11"

You are seeing what the amp CAN do at this impedance and this voltage, it's up to the user to get as close to those conditions as possible. Not the amps

You are 100% right.

And Dynamic RMS.. I've heard it all now.

Even if an amp puts out more power "dynamically" that is even measurable compared to constant output, it wouldn't matter to anyone..

1- The cycle algorithm for SPL Meters are not effected by dynamic bursts so the potential output power dynamically is of no importance.

2- For continuous output, dynamic peaks in the output will not be audible to the rest of the frequency range that would currently be in use.

So, we can actually say it is like peak because if it does not help in competition nor for music, then people will only benefit from that specification as much as people benefit from peak ratings.

no, you can't actually say "it's like peak" because it is'nt....

it sounds like you don't understand how it works or what any of it means.

please read this, it might help.

http://www.damoreengineering.com/documents/Amp%20Dyno%20AD-1%20Ver.%201.pdf

I think what he's saying is that in a real world application that the dynamic bursts wouldn't pick up on any meter due to how slow the cycle is for the meter to read the output of the burst. I would agree that by time the meter read the output it would be too late as termlabs take like a full 6/10ths of a second to register the first cycle. By this time that dynamic peak might have already dropped off. I dunno, just taking a stab at it is all. Could be wrong, and I'm sure shizzzon will correct me if i'm wrong.

Seems dumb to argue with Steve about something that D'amore makes lol. I am pretty sure he knows how it works and what it does/doesn't test lol. Awesome numbers from these amps though.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Can someone explain the certified uncertified and dynamic part?

Just to be clear. Lol

But 7k out of a 5k is unreal. To think I'm wanting a 7.5k

you basically just want to pay attention to the Uncertified numbers, since that is measured how most will tune their amps.

Certified it tested until there is 1% distortion, Uncertified ignores distorting and just looks for clipping, Dynamic shouldn't even be thought of as anything of importance. Its how much power is put out over 1/10th of a second blurp from the amp. So its more like that MAX power rating everyone says not to look at. They market it to say the dynamic test is how much power you get on music and the others are tones, but how many songs do most people play that only have bass notes that hit for 1/10th of a second?

you are wrong bro. The dynamic test is still RMS. It is not "max", "maxx", or "maxxx". It is not peak. The test does use a pulse rather then a 10 second sine wave but it hits hit fast and hard for about 10 of those "pulses". It mimics the strain on the amp it would see when playing something dynamic....like music. That test is legit and should still not be confused with peak numbers at all. In fact, i have found most amps don't do THAT much higher of a number from non-cert to dynamic burst. Usually it's a little higher, but not much. Due to the different amplifier designs, some amps kick ass in dynamic burst, some only see a small increase. But again, it isn't to be confused with a "if lighting struck it" situation because that is far from the case. :)

I see rms as continuous power, not 1/10th of a second. If you want to believe the dc5k is a 10k amp on music because of that test, ok. But I would doubt any music I play had 1/10 second bass notes. So I will discredit that number when I look at the results. I will also discredit the certified run too, because it's not how I tune my amps.

Just to be clear. Lol

you basically just want to pay attention to the Uncertified numbers, since that is measured how most will tune their amps.

Certified it tested until there is 1% distortion, Uncertified ignores distorting and just looks for clipping, Dynamic shouldn't even be thought of as anything of importance. Its how much power is put out over 1/10th of a second blurp from the amp. So its more like that MAX power rating everyone says not to look at. They market it to say the dynamic test is how much power you get on music and the others are tones, but how many songs do most people play that only have bass notes that hit for 1/10th of a second?

you are wrong bro. The dynamic test is still RMS. It is not "max", "maxx", or "maxxx". It is not peak. The test does use a pulse rather then a 10 second sine wave but it hits hit fast and hard for about 10 of those "pulses". It mimics the strain on the amp it would see when playing something dynamic....like music. That test is legit and should still not be confused with peak numbers at all. In fact, i have found most amps don't do THAT much higher of a number from non-cert to dynamic burst. Usually it's a little higher, but not much. Due to the different amplifier designs, some amps kick ass in dynamic burst, some only see a small increase. But again, it isn't to be confused with a "if lighting struck it" situation because that is far from the case. :)
I see rms as continuous power, not 1/10th of a second. If you want to believe the dc5k is a 10k amp on music because of that test, ok. But I would doubt any music I play had 1/10 second bass notes. So I will discredit that number when I look at the results. I will also discredit the certified run too, because it's not how I tune my amps.

Good for you. What was the point of your post? You just want to say you dont like something because thats not how you do it.

What do you use to utne your amp? 0db? -5db? Ear-O-Meter?

Just for a little information, the 5k did just over 3000w when tuned with a 0db overlap. You are missing out on alot of power if that is what you are tuning with.

Seems dumb to argue with Steve about something that D'amore makes lol. I am pretty sure he knows how it works and what it does/doesn't test lol. Awesome numbers from these amps though.

Umm, I have a potato that can do 38 legit, 29 certified, and 40432 dynamic. It's ok because I set it with an o-scope so no clipping.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I can't get over people who argue with these test. Of course none of these are going to be real situations, because it's not real. It's a controlled test that's highly accurate in what it is testing. Nearly 100% accurate in WHAT IT IS SET TO TEST. Steve and D'Amore built an amazing product that works. It is supposed to be a controlled test, not a crap shoot like a "real world" test playing music. Like Cody said it's a general IDEA. I say keep it up, these tests are awesome.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Just to be clear. Lol

Good for you. What was the point of your post? You just want to say you dont like something because thats not how you do it.

What do you use to utne your amp? 0db? -5db? Ear-O-Meter?

Just for a little information, the 5k did just over 3000w when tuned with a 0db overlap. You are missing out on alot of power if that is what you are tuning with.

ok, go ahead and have every new kid out there thinking the dc5k is a 10k amp and watch them be dissapointed. The point of my post is you really should be smart enough to know that dynamic rms number is not a continuous power output like the guys reading this are going crazy about.

If that's the case then why ignore the certified run? You are looking at what the amp actually makes clean. Not 5% THD clean...but 1% THD. That's an insane numbers to know. It is what will really separate great products from their cheap counterparts.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If that's the case then why ignore the certified run? You are looking at what the amp actually makes clean. Not 5% THD clean...but 1% THD. That's an insane numbers to know. It is what will really separate great products from their cheap counterparts.

Because I don't tune mine with a DD-1. I tune to clipping with a scope. Uncertified is still clean, It just ignores noise that the certified run does look for. I'm not saying it's a bad thing for some people to know. Its just not the measurement of the 3 that I would look at.