AD-1 Dyno Results(DC 3.5k and strapped 3.5k update)

I'm not trying to be an ass but i have a view point that seems so legit, either i'm lost or everyone else is.

Again, there is RMS and Dynamic.

I was told to view the manual..

Just so happens, the manual even says Dynamic Power, not dynamic rms (which i've never heard of before).

Dynamic power is not rms.

Now, for the sake of argument, lets just say it's worded wrong..

According to the manual, it's still reading a clean burst rating.

Assuming that information is correct, clean that is, the MAIN point goes back to the measure of that specification in the first place.

The Certified AND Uncertified ratings CAN BE obtained in the real world in a vehicle.

It's up to the user to sustain the adequate electrical system if they want to see that potential.

But, the dynamic specification will not be seen.

As a matter of fact, i'm almost willing to bet(i don't gamble, sorry) that an ammeter set to peak hold would not even pick up dynamic bursts on tones or music because the incredible cycle speed you may need(if the AD-1 is much faster).

So, you see my argument mainly lies in the usefulness of the measurement.

It can easily be done to obtain cert and uncert ratings even on music with the right equipment.

But these burst ratings, I see many people thriving over those numbers-

IE a 5k did almost 10kw, woohoo!

That is not a fair statement to ever make even if the test is correct.

I can say an amp rated for 8krms did 95kw dynamically..

Everybody go buy that amp..

Then everybody go purchase a 12kwrms amp that dynamically bursted to 15kw.

The 12krms amp wins hands down everytime in terms of getting more power for your install.

I do not wish people look at this spec to dictate the relationship of price to performance ratio a particular amp is shown to be doing on this device dynamically.

It's misleading to those who do not understand they will never hear this potential.

Analogy-

Just like audio companies rating their amps at 10 and 30% THD for their power ratings just so they can look like they made an amp that is of equal performance to other competitor brands who advertise the same power amp at only 1% THD or less.

Without knowing what THD even means in this example.. it would greatly mislead people causing them to save money and purchase the 10 or 30% rated THD amp because it's obviously cheaper in price because of that fact.

I hope someone sees my point here.

It's not the fault of the device, it's the fault of those who do not understand not to take that measurement into account for comparing to anything else even if the cert and uncert ratings were identical but the dynamic was 50% more on one amp vs another of equal power.

468.png

I agree about the dynamic burst number...but I don't see anyone tits wet because of the clamped number...or anyone buying the amp because of the dynamic burst. I do see though a 5k amp doing it's rating clean and then some.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

ok, go ahead and have every new kid out there thinking the dc5k is a 10k amp and watch them be dissapointed. The point of my post is you really should be smart enough to know that dynamic rms number is not a continuous power output like the guys reading this are going crazy about.

Man, I totally don't want to piss you off, as I really think a lot of you.

But I don't think anyone is ever going to be disappointed after buying a DC 5.0K.

They are beast amps, and everyone who has ever heard/ owned one will tell you the same thing.

Straight beast dude.

Don't have to own an AD-1 to know that. Just a 5k.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

ok, go ahead and have every new kid out there thinking the dc5k is a 10k amp and watch them be dissapointed. The point of my post is you really should be smart enough to know that dynamic rms number is not a continuous power output like the guys reading this are going crazy about.

Man, I totally don't want to piss you off, as I really think a lot of you.

But I don't think anyone is ever going to be disappointed after buying a DC 5.0K.

They are beast amps, and everyone who has ever heard/ owned one will tell you the same thing.

Straight beast dude.

Don't have to own an AD-1 to know that. Just a 5k.

I won't disagree with that, I've seen the 9ks play all day at .33, and the 3.5ks play well with low voltage. But the only thing getting to me is all of the guys getting excited over the 5k almost doing 10k on the dynamic test, and then saying they will get a 10k amp when they buy the DC 5k.

I wouldn't tell anyone to not buy the amp after seeing these numbers, but I won't be telling anyone its a 10k amp.

I'm actually interested in seeing the 9k and 10k numbers as those are possibilities for an amp next season.

• 2 weeks later...

so why give shit to DC when it does dynamic at almost 10k but when a brutus gets close to rated only in dynamic everyone says its good for the prize? DC is still beast most amps dont even do close to rated in dynamic..