just curious, you took out perfectly good OFC and replaced it with exact runs of CCA? Why would you do that? color change on the wire jacket? Was the OFC bad?

The system was all coming out, I was (and did) going to rip everything out down to bare metal. My actual point was to prove using the CCA would show a decrease in performance and score...to my surprise it didn't.

But I really wish people would stop taking it negatively if and when someone has a difference of opinion. I haven't seen anyone being disrespectful to Tony, but more and more it seems like once you disagree with someone or something you're an enemy of the state. A debate can be healthy for knowledge and users. In audio, there is a big difference between paper and application and it's good to see how these hammer out. Can't we just debate with offending people?

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Only the best for you Mr. Elitist Audio Man

the man is teaching you the difference. You need to have your pencil and note pad out. I also think you should show some respect. He hasn't posted any smart ass comments your direction.

Not in exactly my direction no. More of a blanket statement involving everyone who runs CCA, uses the term "box rise," or uses a class D amp and calls it "better." Here is the thing, I am all for knowing the science and math, but I am also wise enough to know that in practice the gains or losses are minute.

I hate to sit here and watch people hear everything said by him and take it as gospel.

And don't get it wrong, I respect Tony, but I won't have people thinking that there is only one way to do something and that if they aren't doing it that way they are wrong.

There's always more than one way to do something. Some better than others. Often with any product there are good better and best versions. The man is teaching the ideal way, or best way of doing things. His ways aren't the only way, but why would you show someone how to do something in an inferior way? I feel like I learn something every time I watch one of his videos.

the man is teaching you the difference. You need to have your pencil and note pad out. I also think you should show some respect. He hasn't posted any smart ass comments your direction.

Not in exactly my direction no. More of a blanket statement involving everyone who runs CCA, uses the term "box rise," or uses a class D amp and calls it "better." Here is the thing, I am all for knowing the science and math, but I am also wise enough to know that in practice the gains or losses are minute.

I hate to sit here and watch people hear everything said by him and take it as gospel.

And don't get it wrong, I respect Tony, but I won't have people thinking that there is only one way to do something and that if they aren't doing it that way they are wrong.

There's always more than one way to do something. Some better than others. Often with any product there are good better and best versions. The man is teaching the ideal way, or best way of doing things. His ways aren't the only way, but why would you show someone how to do something in an inferior way? I feel like I learn something every time I watch one of his videos.

Then why is he not talking about silver 1/0?? It is a much better conductor after all

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Let's just say that you had access to two engines. One engine made 400hp and one made 500hp. The 500hp engine costs more money.

There would be no point at which one could say that the 400hp engine was superior to the 500hp engine, assuming horsepower was the only metric. However, one can rationalize why the 400hp engine is a better value but that still won't make it a 500hp engine.

How does that apply to this argument?

it doesnt. because you cant put 2 engines in one engine bay. would a 800hp engine that costs less than a 500hp engine be better? engines are a TERRIBLE analogy for this.

Better yet. Same car, you have a 400 HP motor for $4k and a 500 HP motor for $6k. I'd go 400 HP for $4k, then buy a blower for about $2-3k (S/C or turbo and cost is dependent on vehicle) and end up with more HP than the 500 HP. Of course, this is theory. Results may ALWAYS vary...as well as price. :ehh:

Anyways, back to learning. Thanks Tony. Granted it won't change the mind sets of most, but at least the info is there!

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

Back to what I was saying. If you mean to educate, educate without bias. Else you are just a salesman

tony doesn't sell wire.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Lets forget the engines for a minute, I don't know of any "blowers" or "forged cranks" you can add to wire to gain voltage.

I see what tony is saying, OFC is better because you have less resistance.

Some argue, that you can run multiple CCA runs and reduce that resistance, but that can be argued for OFC also.

What it comes down to is three things.

1. Resistance of the wire per foot per dollar

2. Load carrying potential per foot per dollar.

3. Practicality of the number of feet/runs needed to cover you needs after all losses.

I think CCA can be used in some situations, but more research is needed. Looking at 1/0 CCA you could substitute for 2ga OFC. Would 2ga OFC be the same price? If so you could have less resistance and same load capacity and less wire and weight.

Then why is he not talking about silver 1/0?? It is a much better conductor after all

Can't speak for him but I would venture to say that because OFC is readily available and in my years I have never seen a spool of 1/0 silver. I took it as he was comparing the 2 most readily available products, OFC and CCA.

I could be wrong since I am assuming here. In fact, iirc he didn't even mention OFC in the op he said that CCA is not ok. IMO, the man has more than earned his right to validate any claim he makes. I would agree that OFC>CCA but until he tells us why CCA is not ok, per his original claim, I am neutral. I think CCA is ok, just not as good as OFC but he is many many levels beyond my knowledge in all things electric.

Back to what I was saying. If you mean to educate, educate without bias. Else you are just a salesman

tony doesn't sell wire.

Never said he did.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Let's just say that you had access to two engines. One engine made 400hp and one made 500hp. The 500hp engine costs more money.

There would be no point at which one could say that the 400hp engine was superior to the 500hp engine, assuming horsepower was the only metric. However, one can rationalize why the 400hp engine is a better value but that still won't make it a 500hp engine.

How does that apply to this argument?

it doesnt. because you cant put 2 engines in one engine bay. would a 800hp engine that costs less than a 500hp engine be better? engines are a TERRIBLE analogy for this.

Better yet. Same car, you have a 400 HP motor for $4k and a 500 HP motor for $6k. I'd go 400 HP for $4k, then buy a blower for about $2-3k (S/C or turbo and cost is dependent on vehicle) and end up with more HP than the 500 HP. Of course, this is theory. Results may ALWAYS vary...as well as price. :ehh:

Anyways, back to learning. Thanks Tony. Granted it won't change the mind sets of most, but at least the info is there!

lol an engine that cost more, cost more for a reason. you just cant toss a blower or any power adder to a motor with cast steel internals(if you do you have to be very careful and keep an eye on the boost).. you can build a 400hp motor and a 500hp motor for the same cost .. what will make a engine cost more is the type of internals you use..

to better help this topic lets say the 500hp has forged internals and the 400hp has cast steel.. wont you rather get the more expensive and have a reliable engine. or cheap out and get an engine that will blow up the second you turn it 6500 rpm?

what im seeing here is that everyone is missing the point to what he is trying to say

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

tony doesn't sell wire.

Never said he did.

well you called him are accusing him of educating with "bias", and calling him a salesman......while he hasn't tried to sell you one single strand of OFC. He is teaching you the difference. You are quite the annoying one tonight huh? go rest your eyeballs, it is getting late.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916