Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Well then I say that you show conclusive evidence of any theory you'd like to prove. Personally, I think Tony D' would welcome it.

Keep in mind, many of the things discussed in this thread are indeed scalable.

That would equally include the reverse. I've swapped from OFC to CCA...has anyone here? How is the scientific aspect achieved if there are no tests either way? I've proved it to myself and in my setup and will continue to use CCA and recommend it to anyone curious. The people saying OFC is better probably have a bigger stake at proving it, not the other way around.

If you have a draw of 400 amps...would there actually be a difference from two runs of OFC vs two runs of CCA? If you had 700 amps three vs three. There's one video out now comparing OFC to CCA and I think we all know exactly where that one stands. If I have achieved the same score (exact) but using CCA, where does the better OFC argument come in? That it took less wires to do so? Only evidence I have is what I've actually accomplished and albeit not good enough for others it's good enough for me.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

That whole CCA is not okay thing... yeah. If I have an aq 120.4 that has a fuse rating of 80, I'm going to use some knu 4 gauge cca which is roughly $0.60 cheaper than their ofc and will do what I need. Since the cca is rated for 100 amps and the ofc is 150, do I need the extra 50 if I'm not using it? Not really. Why is CCA not okay here? Seems perfectly fine for me.

I think you should scale this down instead of up.

Let's not forget the thread about the a/b amp that was something like 50x4 and 500x1. Don't remember the exact numbers

We learned that 4ga ofc was fine for that application because of duty cycles and because music is dynamic and the way amplifier power supplies switch instead of pulling continuously.

So, if a situation like for instance a SA 1500.1 recommends a 150 amp fuse but has 1/0 inputs. One could argue you only need around 75 to 90 amps for music.

If that is true then you could easily use 4ga of and save a lot of money.

Anyone care to test it?

Edit mobile sucks

Edited by strangeduck

I think you should scale this down instead of up.

Let's not forget the thread about the a/b amp that was something like 50x4 and 500x1. Don't remember the exact numbers

We learned that 4ga ofc was fine for that application because of duty cycles and because music is dynamic and the way amplifier power supplies switch instead of pulling continuously.

So, if a situation like for instance a SA 1500.1 recommends a 150 amp fuse but has 1/0 inputs. One could argue you only need around 75 to 90 amps for music.

If that is true then you could easily use 4ga of and save a lot of money.

Anyone care to test it?

Edit mobile sucks

I have the same reasoning for choosing to run 10 ga OFC as my primary power for the Punch 40x2 in my Silverado. It only had a fuse rating of 20 amps, and the run was only aobut 5ft, so according to KnuKonceptz chart, I was good for 30-40 amps of draw. Would the amp pull that? Don't know, so I fused it with a 30 amp inline fuse, and never let it dip below 12.8 volts. Been all good, and it'll serve the buyer well too.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.