Just going to leave this quote here. From Nikon's Master Crafts-person Mr. Akria Koiso.

"When you are taught a technique by your instructors, it is important that you not simply take it on trust but try and think about the whys and the wherefores. From time to time, you should try a different technique as well. Even if the technique you were taught turns out to be correct in the end, the repeated trial and error can still serve to increase your knowledge and skills. Even trials that do not bear fruit can still yield new ideas."

• Like (+1 Rep) 3
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Just going to leave this quote here. From Nikon's Master Crafts-person Mr. Akria Koiso.

"When you are taught a technique by your instructors, it is important that you not simply take it on trust but try and think about the whys and the wherefores. From time to time, you should try a different technique as well. Even if the technique you were taught turns out to be correct in the end, the repeated trial and error can still serve to increase your knowledge and skills. Even trials that do not bear fruit can still yield new ideas."

Very well said! I am pumped to see the reasons why I am wrong personally. I believe that in my application, CCA is perfectly fine. But... maybe I will learn something that will make me louder lol!

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

I am intersted to find out all these answers!

I'm completely a why guy! You say why this is the way it is, can you explain to me why you think it is or prove to me why fact says it is. How can I do this? Explination is this.............. Ok why is it that way, what makes it work like that, how is that fact and the way it actually is? I don't just want an answer, I want an answer and an answer to the answer. So I agree with what Finkster is saying.

HOWEVER, nobody has even said that until he posted that a few posts back. But it's irritating as fuck that some of you guys around here like to just argue for the sake of arguing! Some of you guys just want to argue cause no-one wants to or has the balls to admit when they're wrong or what they believed in was not fact as they thought or believed it was.

I think for some of you, Jesus Christ could come appearing out of the sky right in front of your face and you'd still find a way to argue it's not him! (not turning this into a religious thing, just a perfect example of an argument of fact, did or didn't exist, which has gone on for thousands of years)

OFC>CCA for some, CCA>OFC for others. Why don't you agree to disagree until Tony proves his point? Then at that point, if he doesn't explain fully why and his results of "real world" testing, then argue the point of one side or the other. Otherwise you're all wrong, and that's fact!!

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

Following, thanks Tony for any and all of the knowledge you can pass on.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Alpine CDE-HD149BT Head Unit

Hertz HSK 165XL

Audison SR4 (Running the Hertz 6.5)

Audison SR2 (Running the Hertz Tweets)

Ascendant Audio Mayhems 4- 12" (Being Built)

DC 7.5K

230 AMP Singer ALT

6 XS-D3000 Batteries (Back) (In the works)

1-XS-D3400 Battery (Front)

Lots of SHCA Wire and Accessories.

I am intersted to find out all these answers!

I'm completely a why guy! You say why this is the way it is, can you explain to me why you think it is or prove to me why fact says it is. How can I do this? Explination is this.............. Ok why is it that way, what makes it work like that, how is that fact and the way it actually is? I don't just want an answer, I want an answer and an answer to the answer. So I agree with what Finkster is saying.

HOWEVER, nobody has even said that until he posted that a few posts back. But it's irritating as fuck that some of you guys around here like to just argue for the sake of arguing! Some of you guys just want to argue cause no-one wants to or has the balls to admit when they're wrong or what they believed in was not fact as they thought or believed it was.

I think for some of you, Jesus Christ could come appearing out of the sky right in front of your face and you'd still find a way to argue it's not him! (not turning this into a religious thing, just a perfect example of an argument of fact, did or didn't exist, which has gone on for thousands of years)

OFC>CCA for some, CCA>OFC for others. Why don't you agree to disagree until Tony proves his point? Then at that point, if he doesn't explain fully why and his results of "real world" testing, then argue the point of one side or the other. Otherwise you're all wrong, and that's fact!!

Two thumbs up now get off your soapbox before you hurt your other foot Brad....I mean Scott.

• Like (+1 Rep) 5

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Blindly? No. Tony has proven himself.

But its funny how it doesn't even seem to give some of you any pause...

Then you are basing this off of faith. There is no doubt in my mind that Tony's grasp of audio knowledge surpasses almost everyone on this site. That being said, people want to know why so they can understand the answer.

The answer is either OFC> CCA or CCA> Copper. Tony says OFC>CCA and while I don't think he is wrong, WHY is he right? What is classified as "better?" Same cross section, same weight? What? WHY is it not OK? It is not an argument, it is us asking for the proof that it is right.

These claims are all pretty exciting and interesting and I hope to learn a bunch from watching the videos.

Blind faith?? No actually i'm not. BTW that response was to a post that was deleted.

I'm not gonna spoil it, but it makes perfect sense when you hear the reasoning behind it. Tony will explain...

I'm the kind of guy that has to question everything too.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

OFC > CCA.

When you see why you'll slap yourself.

Edit: you guys are really gonna argue with an engineer that just reinvented an amplifier topology to build the T15K? Maybe you should humble yourselves because you sound as bad as the noobs on this site who know everything already.

Not to be an ass, but the opinion pushed is being backed by REAL WORLD TESTING, not on paper. yes as a DIRECT comparison, OFC > CCA, but for current carrying capacity (not resistance), for the cost CCA is better. You can do 3 runs of CCA for the price of 1 Run of OFC. OFC will carry 300 max, CCA will carry close to 600.

So are you willing to lose battery capacity in extra resistance? Cost isn't the only factor influencing the answer here.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I have my own theory but im also a guy with 12 runs of ofc in my truck and im just a nobody. I have a feeling that some are making this bigger than the intended scope

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

OFC > CCA.

When you see why you'll slap yourself.

Edit: you guys are really gonna argue with an engineer that just reinvented an amplifier topology to build the T15K? Maybe you should humble yourselves because you sound as bad as the noobs on this site who know everything already.

Not to be an ass, but the opinion pushed is being backed by REAL WORLD TESTING, not on paper. yes as a DIRECT comparison, OFC > CCA, but for current carrying capacity (not resistance), for the cost CCA is better. You can do 3 runs of CCA for the price of 1 Run of OFC. OFC will carry 300 max, CCA will carry close to 600.

So are you willing to lose battery capacity in extra resistance? Cost isn't the only factor influencing the answer here.

What extra resistance? The comparison is 3 runs of CCA vs 1 run of copper, based on the fact that you can buy 3 runs of CCA for the price of one copper run.

But for simplicity, I will compare only two runs of aluminum to 1 run of copper. IIRC 2 wires identical in size run in parallel act as a cable 3 sizes lower. So those two runs equal one run of aluminum 4/0 in size. One run of aluminum 4/0 will yield less resistance than one run of copper 1/0 of the same distance.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D