No worries.

I dont think anyone called out anyones intelligence.

But,... the arguing, is WAY off putting.

Fact is, most are here to see what he has to say.

Not what any of you think, know, or have to say. And, i have much respect for a good deal posting on this thread. Fact is, they have done if for a good long time,

and have been nutty successful at it. SO....... can we leave it at that?

EDIT this was to you SRP, of which i respect, and then HT beat me, again, another one, of which i have respect.

Edited by KyLar96
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I guess it all depends on which tone of voice you choose to read each others comments. Try using bobcat golwaiths voice or sloth from Goonies.

Let's just say that you had access to two engines. One engine made 400hp and one made 500hp. The 500hp engine costs more money.

There would be no point at which one could say that the 400hp engine was superior to the 500hp engine, assuming horsepower was the only metric. However, one can rationalize why the 400hp engine is a better value but that still won't make it a 500hp engine.

How does that apply to this argument?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Let's just say that you had access to two engines. One engine made 400hp and one made 500hp. The 500hp engine costs more money.

There would be no point at which one could say that the 400hp engine was superior to the 500hp engine, assuming horsepower was the only metric. However, one can rationalize why the 400hp engine is a better value but that still won't make it a 500hp engine.

How does that apply to this argument?

Boom..

well put TC.

But, if your only needing 4oohp,..(like you only need the cable in question to carry the load, you know youll have, no more). then, COST, does come into play........

Am i understanding??

Depends on how you're looking at it. If you're looking at strictly at amperage ability I don't see it as analogous as you can run multiple lines of CCA, not stuck between one wire of either. I think we all agree hands down, 1 wire to 1 wire OFC is best hands down.

How you use the wire? I might take the 400hp engine in a 2,000 lb car over a 500hp engine in a 5,000 lb car

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If the 400hp motor was 1/3 the cost and we were talking about boats I would say get two and have 800hp for 2/3 the cost of having 500hp

Edit. Realistically I guess its like half so buy two for the same price. But even with diminishing returns you would be ahead.

Abstract analogies

Edited by strangeduck

Wow, if there is this much arguing over a chunk of wire I can only imagine where this is going to go when Tony gets to the real topics like subs, amps, impedance, "box rise", class D.

This is going to be a wild ride.......

Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif

• Like (+1 Rep) 8

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

in the real world none of this matters, cca is perfectly ok if u use the next size up from pure copper. Class d is more efficient, so how is this not better in the use of subwoofers. a dmm can test resistance if u cut the wire, but thats not always smart

His statement was that it is cheaper, not better. That's why its used commonly for high power amplifiers because it allows manufacturers to put out a more affordable/practical product resulting in a smaller footprint, and higher profit margins for the company. If you take cost completely out of it, wouldn't you rather run your subs off of an SQ amp if you could get the same power as you get from a class D? I would. No compression of the notes when the beat is pounding continuously? Yes please. Class D is only "better" because it makes that power more affordable to more people.

Take a look at the fosgate T15k. It is one bad ass, if not THE baddest amp ever made. It is a very efficient amp, it draws about 1/5 of the current per watt of RMS power than other really good amps, and it isn't a class D amp. It's a hybrid class A/B. It can put out around 17kw drawing only about 350A from the power source. That amp certainly wasn't cheap. You could easily get 17k rms cheaper,

So in support of the initial claim, an amp doesn't perform better because it's class D, but it is made more affordable that way. You are sacrificing sound quality for affordability. "Better" can be interpreted in many ways. If you are a marketing director for a company and you sell class D amps, then hell yes it is better because it costs less to make and you make more money that way. The customer "benefits" by being able to afford power that they may not be able to afford if were a class A/B instead of a D. If that was true, all 4 channel amps would be class D also.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Wow, if there is this much arguing over a chunk of wire I can only imagine where this is going to go when Tony gets to the real topics like subs, amps, impedance, "box rise", class D.

This is going to be a wild ride.......

Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif

YUP!

in for the impedance pewp ..... Stoked...

there's more to the cca vs ofc than just how much current you can carry per dollar. sure you get more capacity from cca per dollar than ofc but for how long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

*edit - i may be completely wrong but my guess :)

Edited by irpirate

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love