Let's just say that you had access to two engines. One engine made 400hp and one made 500hp. The 500hp engine costs more money.

There would be no point at which one could say that the 400hp engine was superior to the 500hp engine, assuming horsepower was the only metric. However, one can rationalize why the 400hp engine is a better value but that still won't make it a 500hp engine.

How does that apply to this argument?

Because the only time CCA can compare to OFC is in a dollar for dollar performance. If money were not factored in, the OFC is better.

In your example, maybe the 500HP engine costs $10k and the 400HP engine costs $4k

Clearly, if you could only have one engine you would WANT the 500HP version, but if you could buy 800HP (2 of the 400HP engines) for 2 grand less than 500Hp, there are definitely going to be people buying 2 of the 400HP version.

I am not siding with CCA because I don't use it, I save until I can buy OFC. I am just answering your "how does that apply" question :)

there's more to the cca vs ofc than just how much current you can carry per dollar. sure you get more capacity from cca per dollar than ofc but for how long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

LOL !!! da fuq?~?

hey bro !!! where you been mang!?

Talk about respect !!!... hey bud!. Hope you been well!

Edit - heat freaks me out..... (dealing with wire,.. any wire)

Edited by KyLar96

Wow, if there is this much arguing over a chunk of wire I can only imagine where this is going to go when Tony gets to the real topics like subs, amps, impedance, "box rise", class D.

This is going to be a wild ride.......

Popcorn-11-Eddie-Griffin.gif

YUP!

in for the impedance pewp ..... Stoked...

This is DC voltage. You mean resistance. And for the record I would use ofc if I could redo things

lol. been keepin busy. things are goin well, just don't get on too forums too often since the break from spl started.

anyways to stay on topic, i think it's similar to the answer to the deadener/peel and seal topics we see too often. do it right the first time so you won't have to do it again down the road. long run, chances are it'll be safer and cheaper to run ofc the first around.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Wow, if there is this much arguing over a chunk of wire I can only imagine where this is going to go when Tony gets to the real topics like subs, amps, impedance, "box rise", class D.

YUP!

This is DC voltage. You mean resistance. And for the record I would use ofc if I could redo things

NO,..

Im in for the other issues he said he'd address?

What are you talking about?

you said impedance, thats ac. unless i missed a joke

edit spelling

Edited by strangeduck

YUP!

NO,..

Im in for the other issues he said he'd address?

What are you talking about?

you said impedance, thats ac. unless i missed a joke

edit spelling

Nope.. THIS

-You can NOT use a DMM to measure impedance

EDIT- i know exactly, where hes going there.

;)

and This

-WTH is "Box Rise"

But, i want more on that^^

Bitching about cca and ofc, does dick for me....

Edited by KyLar96
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

there's more to the cca vs ofc than just how much current you can carry per dollar. sure you get more capacity from cca per dollar than ofc but for how long?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

*edit - i may be completely wrong but my guess :)

From my understanding from chemistry you need the metals in contact with an electrolyte for that to happen such as the sea-salt. And I wouldn't think that many electrolytes would be making contact to your wire.

But one thing that happens to copper after having current passes through it is oxidization, unless it is kept in a oxygen-free environment. With the wire being not one solid piece but a whole bunch of little wires there is more surface area that the oxidization will effect. Once copper becomes oxidized it is a much less conductive material.

* about half way down labeled "Oxygen Free Copper:"

http://www.bcae1.com/wire.htm

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Let's just say that you had access to two engines. One engine made 400hp and one made 500hp. The 500hp engine costs more money.

There would be no point at which one could say that the 400hp engine was superior to the 500hp engine, assuming horsepower was the only metric. However, one can rationalize why the 400hp engine is a better value but that still won't make it a 500hp engine.

How does that apply to this argument?

it doesnt. because you cant put 2 engines in one engine bay. would a 800hp engine that costs less than a 500hp engine be better? engines are a TERRIBLE analogy for this.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/