powermax usa alts ?..

Ehh it was worth asking :pardon:

If you have access to a multi meter (more accurate than the meter on your cap) I'm curious to see how this works out for you

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one day when i get $$..i step it up to mechman for sure..but for what i have..this" should "be ok... :)

Singer Alts are also good i was told. Maybe not as good as the Mechman or DC but better than any eBay alt you will find. Correct me if im wrong guys.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

^^ Exactly why do you say that singer isn't as good as his competitors? Just curious; as I just ordered an alt from him a few hours ago..

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I havent really done enough research to know if they were or not. I know they are really good alts bc I also plan on getting one here within the next week or so lol. I just wasnt sure thats all. By no means did I mean that they cant compete with DC or Mechman

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Guest DC Power Kyle

This is the concept that I have with a part as crucial as an alternator in a vehicle.

The alternator is the heart of the electrical system of your vehicle . You may be happy with it at first but Chinese parts eventually will show their disadvantages. So what happens next? Well, lets say six months down the road you're with your wife, newborn baby and driving on a road trip through the desert on a hot summer day with temperatures as hot as 125F ambient outside temperature.

Battery light begins to flicker.. voltage is jumping around from 12.5 to 16.5 volts. You're 100 miles away from any shops and its the day time.

Battery light stays on and voltage is now down into the 12s less than 5 minutes later from when the battery light began to flicker. How long can you make it on just battery power?

There is a difference between getting cheap Chinese speakers and car audio stuff versus a crucial component that runs your vehicle day in and day out. Why risk the potential problem that a cheap alternator can do to you and possibly cost you thousands of dollars in repairs for it potentially spiking your cars computer system and not to mention leaving your family STRANDED on the side of the road.

My two cents.

i bought the fuker...come back in a few days for results..or more like a week..ill take it to oriellys first thing...crossn fingers for atleast 200 amps..and a idle charge:)

I don't think O'reillys can test an alt properly.....unless they have a clamp meter there, I thought those places can just tell you if it's charging or not (sticking a dmm on it).

my O'reillys has a alt station tells what the current is at what rpm cool as shit only goes to 200amp if I'm not mistaken

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

they always test the alts when someone purchase them just to make sure they work and also put out what they say, they did mine its rated 90amp but it put out 93amps at 2k rpm

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

MO..

I'm in Missouri if u want to come compare it to the Mechman 180 amp that is on my 6.0 powerstroke. I have a fluke dmm

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Archived