2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

guy at powermax promissed 100 amps at idle..and 250 with 1200 to 1800 rmps..if i dont like it, i can return it no questions ask.....so why not try..I DONT HAVE $400 TO SPEND ON A ALT!!

LOL.

dude. im going to be as nice as possible when i say this, but you're a fucking idiot. straight up.

itll probably do those ratings when the alt is 40 degrees fahrenheit, for about 30 seconds. before the cheap ass shit parts start to heat up because of insufficient cooling and poorly manufactured parts.

i had TWO ebay alts. TWO. and they both sucked. one was a "stock" 80 amp and the other was a "high output" 165 amp. on a cold ass balls winter day, the ebay alts were charging at 14.1...with a 14.4v regulator. my 17 year old stock alt had a 14.4v regulator and i was cold charging at 15.0.

when warm, both piece of complete shit ebay alts weren't charging while idling in drive. SITTING AT 12V AT A RED LIGHT WITH NO ACCESSORIES ON. when driving, they would be charging at 13.7-13.8v. my stock alt when warm at idle would be chugging away at 14v. while driving, 14v.

my stock 17 year old alt took the abuse from my amps better than two brand new ebay alts.

stop trying to justify price on something that fucking makes every god damn thing in your car WORK.

so what if its a promise? apparently you dont know that promises dont mean shit half the time and that they can get broken in a second. i had returned my ebay alt not even a week after i got it because my car was seeing OVER 16 VOLTS at times. on a fucking stock walmart wet cell

Look at my sig. I own a powermax usa 250amp. Couple months down the road to present day, I get a ghostly wine/howl because its going out. Shit sucks man. DON'T BUY THAT PIECE OF SHIT. IT DROPS VOLTAGE WHEN JUST MY FUCKING A/C IS ON

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I'm not sure how old my alt on my accord is, but the car is an 87 and it has been trying to keep up with my system and two batteries for two years(65amp alt). Still working still charging at 14.4 and 14.6 on cold winter days.

I would rather get a second stock alt from oreily's and make a bracket then spend the money on some reman junkyard ebay alt

I think when i first joined here i asked about powerbastard alts. everyone told me stay away and go with mechman, dc or singer. Glad i took their advice.

And..

to test a alt, just having a "clamp" wont work.

You can hardly even test a "high out put alt" at a "autozone"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/23792-why-your-local-autoparts-store-cant-test-your-alt-properly/

Archived