powermax usa alts ?..

For what it's worth I ran 3.5k at a half ohm on stock alt and some batteries

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy is probably one of the people that whined about the DC dyno runs saying "14v isn't realistic"

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Stock alternators are NOT equal to autozone/napa alternators..

OEM versus Chinese aftermarket components..

theres a reason why OEM lasts much longer and are more expensive :)

Well I had a alternator from ebay it was a 200 amp I got two apcl 1800 and a 760 watt 4 channel amp and two 1500 crank amp batt in the back.

and 1000 crank amp batt under the hood it would hold 14.2 hot at idle but when I turned it up it would go down to 12.5 on a hard beat.

So I order me a kit from wholesale alternator parts for $180. bucks and a 1.8mm pulley it's 250 amps when cold 14.8 hot 14.5.

the guy at the shop tested it at 160amp idle, now when I play my music at idle my volts stay at 13.4 and at 1200rpm.

Will hold 13.8 full tilt I never have to charge my batteres it does a good job O, I paid $45 dollars for the pulley so am,

out of parts and labor, total 180,45,40-$260 am happy. :nuts:

I was going to one of those alts while my 5 year old 220 Amp STINGER was getting repaired. Luckily I didn't and ended up getting an Excessive Amperage alt. He ended up building me a 300 amp alt for like $250 because I didn't have much money and I was local. My voltage stays at 14-14.4 hot and lowest drop I've seen at amp is 13.5.. I'm curious to see what the PM USA alt does..

too kranny ...

im an idiot..but u bought 2 ebay alts..classic..

He bought them before he knew better. He's using his story to try and help you so you don't make the same mistake. :)

But... You bought it anyway, going against the advice of everyone here. So I have to ask: Why bother making a thread if you are going to do what you originally thought of doing regardless of input?

That alt is going to shit out on you while you're in the middle of the highway 200 miles from home.. That's gonna suck hardcore ass...

Or better yet fry a 1500 dollar ecu and who knows what else... None of us will feel sorry for you. There is a reason we all run or are planning on running 4-800 alts.. Shit I'm paying $450 for a 170 amp singer alt. Just because I know it won't shit out on me, and if it does I have a lifetime warranty..

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Just let him put the alt in and let it fry his car.. he'll learn afterwords hes obviously not taking the advice even from dc power...

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Hey Slayer, sorry for being a bit harsh and a dick. I think the reason everyone is so adamant is because this thread isn't there first one of its kind.

1) There is probably at least 1 new thread per week(I'm probably underestimating) about alternators and guys asking advice on what to do and what brand to choose.

2) There is probably at least 1 thread per week( again underestimating) where someone asks for advice and opinions, they are given the advice, they choose to discredit or not listen

3) " " " where someone tries to justify spending a certain amount of money on a questionable product I.e. Audiopipe nuthuggers, to later find out they wasted their money on an inferior product.

You've hit the Trifecta. Well, it's too be determined, since we don't yet know if the alt will work.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived