powermax usa alts ?..

I'm going to be blunt. We are all a bit pissed because you made a thread asking for advice with a pre-conceived notion of what you were going to do. Its essentially a big FU to all of us here who took time out of our day to help you and give some thoughtful insight based on our hard learned lessons. It would be a different conversation if you said "here's what I'm getting, what am I in for?" But you didn't, and we are all a bit offended at your complete disregard for any of our teachings/advice.

results are in..took to oriellys first..just to see if it worked..guy took 10 mins to hook up and it didnt pass..but he said he didnt know what he was doin and i could see he didnt know much..but gave me the address of an Altenator place in town i didnt even know was there..first glance. guy says thats a ford alt and looks rebuilt with bigger parts and said its 200 amps..without testing..then after testing the guy said its at 75 amps idle and 195 amps at 1600 rmps..then said he actually give me 10 to 20% more because his machine was so old and really couldnt test at a high rpm..All in all its a good altenator...now the driving test will come soon...

he also said..keep the old one just in case it fails..but he builds the same thing at his shop ..for 30$ more than i paid for this one..

Smh I give up.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The guy promised you at least 100 amps at idle, there is your first broken promise. I saw you had it tested at an alternator repair shop and it put up 75? You can't say,"my equipment isn't the most accurate, is probably 10-20 percent higher"

It put up a monster 75 amps for a 250A alt. Let's see how long it lasts now.

P.S. Saying his machine can't really ready the higher RPMs of an alternator? What the Hell is he doing owning/running a shop that can't test what he builds. It's also a moot point since the machine DID read your idle output which was 75A. Seems over promised and under delivered in my opinion.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

My 250 singer ended up doing 165+ at idle. And it never broke on me unlike your alt probably will

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

all mechman alts put out more amps at idle

btw something built for a shop like an alt dyno is built to last of course it does break through wear, tear, and misfortunes, but i doubt it is that far off i will give you 6-7% but not 10%-20% which even at 20% (which is 90) it doesn't even do 100 amps at idle

mechman alts that go over 200 amps hit 200 amps around 1200rpms

what voltage did it charge at?

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Was the alt tested hot or cold? BIG different between the two. Just because its doing that at idle now doesn't mean it will maintain it when the engine warms up

Just FYI I've clamped 215 at idle from my DC 270

The guys been in bussiness for 35 years(wall to wall altenators)..i trush his word..and i saw the thing testing..his machine was old school..but with the loads he was puti ng on it. he new it was more powerful then the test.he smilled at me and said..its a good alt..its guna do what i need.ofc it wasnt a hot test...if it maxxes at 200 amps..perfect!!..happy happy happy..now quit wasting ur day repling to a dumb ass...

The guys been in bussiness for 35 years(wall to wall altenators)..i trush his word..and i saw the thing testing..his machine was old school..but with the loads he was puti ng on it. he new it was more powerful then the test.he smilled at me and said..its a good alt..its guna do what i need.ofc it wasnt a hot test...if it maxxes at 200 amps..perfect!!..happy happy happy..now quit wasting ur day repling to a dumb ass...

Just bolding that statement for future reference. Come back in a few months and let us know how it is working out for ya.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Archived