powermax usa alts ?..

Oh and you can talk all the trash you want I am absolutely 110 percent against cheap gear. Claim its reliable claim its good for the money. Heres food for thought. Do you know why you nhardly everhear when somdthing cheap shits out? Because no one wants to admit they were wrong. I used to do so many budget builds. I got to see all this gear in action. Ive been there and done that. Even wasted my own dollars once or twice. I was astounded at the difference good gear makes. And thats why ill never recommend anything cheap. It does make a difference.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like to me he already bought the alt then asked for opinions. When it turned around on him that it was complete shit, he got butthurt.

I'm 20 and paying for college so I think I have quite a limited amount of time and money. Been paying for everything since I was 12. I take all the advice I can and am grateful for any help the people here give. Its not that anyone hated, especially me because I owned that alt so its experience not hate, its like Snow said how he just shit in our mouths when he asked for us to advise

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Still want an answer on your voltage at idle on traffic

Snow I wouldn't be surprised if his works perfectly for some months then quits. Thats what mine did. Thought it was great until I turned in my a/c 2 weeks ago and I dropped to 13.7 driving and 12.8 idle. All downhill from there

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

I have only seen 2 HO alts : they were from one the 3 most reputable brands we're talking about. They both had problems.

The first one broke after some minutes. The mounting pieces broke on the alt. The seller/manufacturer offered to replace the alt, but we had to pay shipping. We refused and did some soldier, because we are overseas, shipping is very expensive. The alt is on a VW Golf TDI, and I don't know if the owner is really happy with it : he never seemed to be amazed by the results, but I am not sure.

The 2nd one still have a problem, and it need to be sent back to the manufacturer : it was not made for this particular car, but should have fit.

I would not trust those ebay alts at all for my car.

But I know you can have problems with any brand. You need to be ...lucky enough :)

I don't remember if it was Mechman or DC, but one of them told me to send my own alt to them, so they could make a real HO alt for my car. I was too scared, but I will try that very soon, for a Renault Clio (old old one). Hope it'll work !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

volts arnt dropping below 13.5 with everything on at idle..and bouncing to 14.7 to 15.1 in between bass(14.5 average..saw the 15 once..BUT i do notice a little engine whine in the speakers now that i didnt have before..and im grounded solid..so..i duno bout that...but i still have the cheap cap in..will take it out when my d-blocks get here

That is the problems with cheap alts, they don't do exactly what they are supposed to do or that have very terrible output. Such as a whine.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

:popcorn: I'd love to see the results of this. Although I doubt we'll ever see them.

I think it's funny when the "leave brittney alone" guys come out of the woodworks and get all butthurt too. That's always good entertainment around here.

But back to Snow's point. This is happening all too often around here which is why people are becoming less willing to help anyone out. You "fuckheads" come in, make a thread asking about a certain product, which you've either already made up your mind about buying, or even worse already bought, which is what I think happened here. You don't listen to the guys who've been around the block and know what you're about to go through, and then when the shit hits the fan and you panic, you make a new thread saying "help (enter problem here) is happening and I don't know why or what to do"! But what it turns out to be, is the same shit everyone in this thread said was going to happen.

But what's funnier then that, is the "leave brittney alone" guys are never to be heard from again in that thread! NOT ONE will stick his head in there and say, hey guys, I was wrong sorry! You just tuck tail and go hide behind your Sony explodes.

And to the guy that had his car open with his cheap gear blaring out on the softball fields, they were complimenting you to your face, but laughing at your ass behind your back! Cause noone anymore has the balls to tell anyone the truth because there are too many butthurt fuckwads around that get offended when the truth is told. Kind of like on here. It's all part of the "pussification of America"!

So, by all means, please come back in here and tell me what kind of meanie head and asshole I am cause I just told you the truth and what will happen, what has happened, and what is happening. Because what you'll get back from me is, told to go sit back in your corner you little whiny bitch!

BTW, if you do the math, $160 + $200 (for the tow home from the middle of nowhereville) is $360. You're only $40 away from a quality good alt from one of a few companies out there. Now how good of a deal does it look!

Dumbasses! We're fucking surrounded by dumbasses!!!

Archived