SUNDOWN AUDIO SAX-125*4

Sundown Audio SAZ1500DV3

SA-12D4 *TWO

XS 5100

Big 3

So who to buy?

mechman

singeralternators

mechman and singer are pretty good both ways, from what ive heard me im planning on gettin a mechman when i get the money here in a week or so.

U CAN'T go wrong with either. I was planning on going with singer alts! But I got a nice deal on my mechman an it fit my budget just right at the time. Both companies make amazing alts, an both companies customer service is great! Just comes Down to what U WANT an what U WANT to pay.

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

mechman 170/240

170 amp
300 rpm turn on
500 rpm - 120 amps
800 rpm - 150 amp
1200 rpm – 170 amps
$449

240 amp
500 rpm turn on
650 rpm - 100 amps
800 rpm - 140 amps
1500 rpm - 240 amps
$549

Those vehicles have a pretty low idle speed, and a relatively small crank pulley, so I generally recommend either the 170 amp or the 240 amp S series unit if you want really good output below 800 engine RPM. Both units are pretty much indestructible, even in hot climates. All the S series units feature our twin heavy duty internal rectifiers, oversize charge post, billet aluminum overdrive pulley, hairpin stator, and 12 massive diodes. We include a 2 year warranty, and a 1/0 gauge cable connection with every unit. The price also includes the necessary vehicle specific adapter bracket and plug-n-play wiring harness. Because the drive belt on those cars is so narrow, you may experience some belt slip with the 240 amp unit when it is under a heavy load. We offer a 320 amp unit, but it will pretty much slip the belt all the time.

singeralternators

Your alternator is PCM controlled for voltage but you may either do a one wire bypass design or a external regulator (this sometimes can trip your battery light on since your going around the computer) Lead time is between 2-3 weeks to do the build.

The 1 wire bypass allows you to set voltage between 12-15V and is a 39 option to add
The external regulator adjusts from 12-20V and is a 139 option to add (has knob you can run into the vehicle for voltage adjustment)

The upgraded unit that I offer for your vehicle is a 160A (175A peak). This alternator is a direct bolt on design for your vehicle and would plug in just like the factory alternator.
I include my overdrive pulley to boost the idle output (this will spin the alternator faster at low RPMS to boost idle output by around 30 to 40A more then the stock will). The total price on this unit shipped w/ my lifetime warranty on labor is 449 (shipped anywhere in the states).
All units come w/ a lifetime warranty that covers any repair labor (parts are at company cost) You can add a powder coating option on any order for an additional 48.

Archived