Second Skin Audio

12w7-3 in a audi.. help!! amp and box....

winterswookie

What box would u guys recommend in a 98' audi a4? Rear loaded horn. Snail shell. Regular ass ported. Or good sealed? Previously had a w3 in it that killed the lows. But nothing in the high bass fq. Stepped up my game and got a w7. Going to power it with a old school 99' fosgate 700 watt. So. Thats what I'm askin. Should I just keep the old fosgate? If so. What box. Or should I get this soundstream rubi mono 700 watter?. Not trying to get a 1500 watt amp and have to get another battery, bigger alternator,ect ect. Have had great luck in the past with low wattage and mono amps and jl. Suggestions?????

If you're not looking to do any major upgrades just build a box and tune it around 32-36hz. One thing I would recommend is some deadener, especially on the trunk lid. I'm pretty sure I have the same trunk release latch as you and the metal snapped causing the trunk not to open anymore. It would be best to make sure that is secure.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Thanks killa. Yeah already did the trunk lid and the whole area where the 6.5 speakers rest on the back intetior lid. Learned from the w3 in a idyllic enclsure. Snapped the trunk lid lifting assembly. Plus. Nothing more annoying than that sound of the trunk wanting to fall off. Once the box is built want to do the WHOLE trunk along with deadner spray under the gt mat.

• 3 weeks later...

What box would u guys recommend in a 98' audi a4? Rear loaded horn. Snail shell. Regular ass ported. Or good sealed? Previously had a w3 in it that killed the lows. But nothing in the high bass fq. Stepped up my game and got a w7. Going to power it with a old school 99' fosgate 700 watt. So. Thats what I'm askin. Should I just keep the old fosgate? If so. What box. Or should I get this soundstream rubi mono 700 watter?. Not trying to get a 1500 watt amp and have to get another battery, bigger alternator,ect ect. Have had great luck in the past with low wattage and mono amps and jl. Suggestions?????

Remember that sub is 3 ohm impedance if it's 700W @1 or even 2ohm you are getting nothing out of it.

Archived