Sonic Electronix

What is Your Favorite Car Audio Tip or Trick?

make sure to separate the rca's from speaker wires and have short clean grounds cuz engine noise is like cancer!

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

homemade tweeter savers

a standard car dome light in line with your tweeters positive terminal. It acts like a resistor that changes impedance as it gets hot and starts to glow. When the impedance rises, it causes the amp to put out less power, keeping the tweeter in check. If you push it too hard still, the bulb will pop and NOT the tweeter. Get a new bulb, set your gains better, and you are back in business. click here for an example. http://instagram.com/p/bzLpBJEt1w/

they have these lights in rainbow crossovers.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

if you need to run a thin wire through firewall or dash then straighten a metal hanger, then tape the wire to the hanger and run it through that way.

Or buy a grommet tool? hehe
Do you have a link to a good one Ed?

If you have no signal going to remote turn on for the amp, taking a jumper wire from the B+ to the remote in on the amp.

wouldnt the amp always stay on?

Absolutely. I guess he didn't figure that out

If you're putting subs in a buddies sedan and they're too cheap to buy sound damp/padding, stick a balled up sock in there to kill major rear deck rattles!

Also keep a small AAA battery in your bag in case you need to test polarity.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

468x60-forum-banner.jpg
2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 5.3L w/ Brutus 1700W, NVX 4 Chan, L7 Subs, Sony Deck & Alpine Speaks
Sonic Electronix Articles by Harry Donihue --> CLICK

If you're putting subs in a buddies sedan and they're too cheap to buy sound damp/padding, stick a balled up sock in there to kill major rear deck rattles!

Also keep a small AAA battery in your bag in case you need to test polarity.

Hey! that sock cut out about 80% of the rattling so don't judge.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

728x90.jpg

www.sonicelectronix.com | Authorized dealer for Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, Sony, Hifonics, NVX, Wet Sounds, Kicker, JBL, and tons more!

Check out the exclusive SMD deals on this thread: Name your Deal & Exclusive SMD Promotions

Gotta say, I love this thread. Someone should make a top 25 of all the cool little tips, and make it a sticky.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

I think someone just got outed as being cheap in the sonic house

• Like (+1 Rep) 4

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I think someone just got outed as being cheap in the sonic house

It's ok haha At least I don't have a Jetta like he does that breaks down every 5 minutes and requires you to take out the engine to replace the speakers :roflmao:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

728x90.jpg

www.sonicelectronix.com | Authorized dealer for Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, Sony, Hifonics, NVX, Wet Sounds, Kicker, JBL, and tons more!

Check out the exclusive SMD deals on this thread: Name your Deal & Exclusive SMD Promotions