NO-WALL --- NEW AMPS --- 3 NS-1s @ 19V --- NEW SCORE 160.02@ 33HZ --- 6 SUNDOWN ZV4 12" SUBWOOFERS

no updates?

no build updates as of yet :( the driver boards in one of the amps decided to play up so its in for repair and has been for a number of weeks. once thats back in with the other upgrades in , i will show you guys. its going to get bigger :)

i entered the uk finals for propper droppers , not expecting anything great as i was only running 3 amps at 1 ohm each to 6.6kw total.

to my surprise, it done a 154.1db at 33hz putting me in first place over a guy who has reigned the no-wall category the whole year. as un expected so i was quite pleased with that.

All that work and you're using ratchet straps to hold down the box?

the box is bolted down in 4 places at the rear and in the middle of the box, but as i wasnt able to bolt it at the front where the petrol tank is, it was able to move a fair bit. so i had no other choose but to use these to hold it down. a bit of an eye sore but also a necessity. when i pull it back out for the upgrades, i will look into doing something different :)

150@20hz :nuts:

unofficial testing it pulled of a 151.5b at 20hz, and im hoping theres more init too :P it gets rather windy to say the least

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

finally received my amp back, so that will be going in this week and the system will be back on full power for a few weeks, then its is all coming back out again as I have ordered 6 sundown zv4 12s to replace the X's, so will be able to see a good comparison between the subs. and finally the zv4s will be going on 3.2kw each. I will be back with updates soon :)

finally received my amp back, so that will be going in this week and the system will be back on full power for a few weeks, then its is all coming back out again as I have ordered 6 sundown zv4 12s to replace the X's, so will be able to see a good comparison between the subs. and finally the zv4s will be going on 3.2kw each. I will be back with updates soon :)

6 zv4 12's on the bones of 20k in a clio.

6284-bert.gif

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Very impressive.

2012 Silverado ext cab

Kenwood DDX470

XS D3400 (starter)

XS D375 (under passenger seat)

XS d3100

Mechman 240

Big three

SMD VM-1

All SHCA wire

80 sq feet of Damplifier

6.5 Crescendo CZ's (front doors) (needed)

5..25 Crescendo CZ's (back door) (needed)

Crescendo 125.4 (needed)

Sundown Zv4 12

Skar 4500 (2ohm)

• 4 weeks later...

just to keep this moving , Im still waiting on my Zv4s to arrive but in the meantime , I built myself a new box.

I made a few changes to this one. I increased the size of the box by a good bit so the subs see 0.3cuft each extra. I shrunk the port from 10.5sqin per cuft down to 8 sqin per cuft, so what you would think is a really small port for these subs. the biggest change I made was what it was made from, I sourced myself some 1" birch ply which is fairly difficult to get for a decent price in this country, I picked 2 sheets up for approx $100 each in your money.

anyway, what changed with the scores. well when I was running 3 amps at 1 ohm each, I was getting at 6.6kw between all the subs. the scores from the old box on this power where 150.8db at 20hz and 154 at 35hz.

now with the new box, I only ever tested the setup on 2 amps so the way it was wired, approx 5-5.5kw so at least 1kw down . the scores where 151.8db at 20hz and 154db at 34hz. so the new box has had a great effect on what the system can do with the power available.

All the Xs have been sold now so i am bassless . I will be back hopefully in the next few weeks with a bigger update.

heres a few pic of the new box :)

IMG_0671_zps7e8d2f83.jpg

IMG_0676_zps55c0f967.jpg

IMG_0679_zps3b1dd586.jpg

IMG_0675_zps35fd5b73.jpg

IMG_0674_zps70e95d20.jpg

IMG_0680_zps14addf30.jpg

IMG_0681_zps07f27263.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived