Sonic Electronix

i cannot decide on the amp to use for my kicker L5 15" 750w rms.

I am looking for a mono amp that can put out at least 1000w rms at 2ohms.

And a 4 channel amp for my door speaker

I was looking at an alpine, cadence, pioneer,sound stream, rockford, audiophile, jbl.

The cadence was not cea, and the audiopipe had a bad c /n ratio. and the alpine and rockford were a little expensive.

I'm not looking at expensive amps. Something not to much over the 200$ price point.

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

They sell reduced Audio Technix amp the 1200.1 modell is rated at 12.8 volt´s maby it do the arround 1000 watt @ 2 Ohm,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121106776171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 looks clean, strong and nice.

They recommand a fusing of 180 amp´s normaly a sign that they can put 1800 watt´s out on 1 Ohm.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

I am looking for a cea compliant amp. Thanks for the suggestions but that one I wish put out some little more power as well

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Got a question for you, if you don't mind. Why do you want Cea compliant amps only? If it's because you think that because they have that sticker they will produce the best power or be the only ones that do rated, then that's not necessarily true. Although it is a nice indicator of what should preform at least as rated, it does not mean amps without it aren't just as good.

Now I'm not saying get a sundown, because that would blow your budget, but look at steve meade's amp test on one, it's not cea compliant and does over rated power :)

If you also want a gauge on how an amp that is cea rated and around your price point, then check out the hifonics brutus elite 1700 video he did. I'm not saying you need the 1700, but hifonics is cea compliant and their amps are round your budget if you get something like their 1100.

The soundqubed someone posted earlier would be a good amp for the kickers. The 750, or 1200 would work well. The 750 althought it may not have headroom, would provide good clean power, which is more important than having a lot of extra dirty power. And if you do want the extra power, the 1200 is like 50 dollars more. Just giving you something's to think about :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Just saying. Most of the best amps out there are not CEA compliant.

also ho much do you want to spend on a sub amp and a 4 channel

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

Ham, how you enjoying your AQ? I'm about to get an AQ/SQ amp. going with 1200D I believe

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

i love it i'm looking to get the 1200D also i just have to make sure it fit one of 2 locations..under my rear deck or a space behind my sub box.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

It's just that I have bought amps like power acoustic or RE audio and have been let down. Made with cheaper party and fried themselves when their voltage hit 10v flat

I just want a quality amp that can hit my budget and it's a good measure of quality that's the only reason why. Like I have owned cadence before and liked it. But I am doing a good build all name brand stuff and don't want to loose power I don't need to with a non compliant amp. And I like audiopipe but I know there famous for power without clarity and I just want a clear item as well. It's my last personal build so no using untested brands. It's going in my 2008 cadillac

Archived