Sonic Electronix

When setting the gain on the amp do I turn the low pass filter/subsonic/ high pass filter/ etc all the way down before I start to set it? Or do I have the lpf/hpf/subsonic etc already set to where i want it and THEN set the gain? I'm confused because some tutorials say both.

I know i have to have everything to 0 on the HU but I'm talking about the amp in case I was not clear.

your sub sonic should be set 5hz below tuning of box and low pass filter should be 80hz.

with a DMM you cant find out where your head unit clips at so oscope or dd1 is your best option

wait, so you just to make sure, this is the settings on the amp when you are setting the gain, not after right? Just making sure, sorry if it annoys you and thnx for the help.

i don't have a o scope or a dd-1 and can get it 90% right.

tuning buy ear has been done since the beginning. But if i felt like spending money on the dd-1(but i don't) plus my amps rms is rated more then my speaker.

I love steves stuff but that thing is just a tad bit pricey for me.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

i don't have a o scope or a dd-1 and can get it 90% right.

tuning buy ear has been done since the beginning. But if i felt like spending money on the dd-1(but i don't) plus my amps rms is rated more then my speaker.

I love steves stuff but that thing is just a tad bit pricey for me.

10% of error can have a lot of shit go wrong. And tuning by ear is never ok, no matter how much you do it, you CANT hear clipping until it is extremely bad.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i totally agree,can i barrow your dd-1 or o-scope pleasehuh2.gif.pagespeed.ce.rWTAkvWlox.gif

You can have shit go wrong with to proper equipment.

Stuff go wrong when you beat your stuff to the max any ways.

Just drive you car tops speed everyday see how long it last.

2009 bmw 5 series

Head Unit Stock

Amplifier-JL Audio JX 360/4

Processor- Audiocontrol LC6

Archived