Second Skin Audio

What to do?

MattVogel

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with a few old subs. they are cheap and the surrounds and cones are all good but the coils are fried in each one. They are not worth re-coiling so i was wondering if there are any creative uses for them that anyone has come up with.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what to do with a few old subs. they are cheap and the surrounds and cones are all good but the coils are fried in each one. They are not worth re-coiling so i was wondering if there are any creative uses for them that anyone has come up with.

Target practice

Target practice

I have used my old/burned subs for box plans/measurements.

Pretty much just removed coil,cone, surrounds and motor and used the frame to draw sub placements etc to the boxes.

both good ideas. I think i might stick with the little less destructive outcomes though. any idea what to do with the old cones? or do you just toss them out?

i've seen people use voice coils as rear view mirror hanging ornaments.

you can use the magnet as a fridge magnet, or for a screw picker-upper.

those are good ideas too. i don't have a rear view mirror in my car. it just spends too much time facing the floor. but fridge magnets are a good ass idea. i do need a couple more now that i think of it

Archived