How to make sure my electrical system can handle 6000 watts, 4 questions ***ADDED PICS ON PAGE 4***

You really have to give it a rest. Step away from the keyboard PLEASE

ok i will

Not you bro. The guy who thinks he knows everything and calls people clowns.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You really have to give it a rest. Step away from the keyboard PLEASE

ok i will

Not you bro. The guy who thinks he knows everything and calls people clowns.

i dont fuse my amps and not going to lol not sure what this has to do with anything

So im currently running a kicker 08 zx2500 off of 2 15" L7's and I want to upgrade to 4 15" L7's. I recently picked up a 2nd zx2500 but this one is the 06 model. I have 1 mechman 270 amp alt. I'm about to get 2 xs D3100's, 1 under the hood, 1 in the trunk. So here are my questions.

1) Sense the amps are the same model but different generations, would it be safe to run all 4 subs in a common air space if I gain match the amps or should I split the box into 2 chambers?

2) Sense the amp each recommend a 300A fuse yet I only have 1 Alt, would 1 run of 1/0 CCA with 2 300A fuses between the batteries be fine? or should I put 2 runs sense Im running both amps?

3) Would I see any difference between 1 of 2 runs sense I only have 1 270 amp alt?

4) Are there any other key factors im leaving out and/or forgetting before I do this upgrade?

Any and all input is appreciated, thanks! I'm ready to get on this as soon as I can.

OK 1.

It is spelled "Since" not sense. That would not make any SENSE, since it is spelled incorrectly.

Now then. You want to have 2, 2500W amps. Because of efficiency, they may consume as much as 7200W from your electrical.

2) D3100s should be just about adequate for that power level. A 270A alt will charge those batts just fine.

As far as wire, add as many runs as you can fit and afford.

I definitely recommend OFC. A single run of 0awg OFC from front to back may carry 350A. CCA may carry 250A. Fuses are used to protect the wire, not the amplifier. And Kicker may recommend 300A because the amplifier will draw just under that. So you can have 2 runs of OFC 0awg for each amplifier and a 300A fuse on each wire and be good because the fuses protect the wire. SO I suggest a 300A fuse on each 0awg wire you have, no matter how many runs.

If you use CCA you would have to use double the amount of wire and fuse each one with 250A fuse.

Wow! I hope you are not for real on the fuse protecting the wire

I thought the fuse was to protect your equipment, bats, amps, fire, and etc. The wire would be the least of the issues I think

By me saying the fuse protects the wire. I mean it protects the wire from grounding out. Which can cause fire, damage to electrical etc....

we all got that but him i think

Now he thinks for all. what a MOD Di*% rider. Don't listen to every thing you hear use your brain. Who In the F uses a fuse to protect a wire. The fuse is used to protect you your car and any aftermarket products.

Why do you think the mod had to re-post?

Are you dense? An amp and many other aftermarket products can massively shit themselves and go up in smoke long before a fuse blows. When you fuse your power runs your doing it to protect the wire in case of a short nothing else.

Edit: OP I think you'll be OK with two d3100's but since half of your battery reserve is under the hood I'd do two runs of ofc 1/0 to get power to your amps more efficiently.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

But yet he follows me.

He didn't help in this post he just yelp like a girl OMG. pull your skirt up.

I don't no it all that's why I am hear and that's why I ask questions.

you keep putting your foot in your mouth and stalking me. I dont get your attention you find a way to get mine.

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

So im currently running a kicker 08 zx2500 off of 2 15" L7's and I want to upgrade to 4 15" L7's. I recently picked up a 2nd zx2500 but this one is the 06 model. I have 1 mechman 270 amp alt. I'm about to get 2 xs D3100's, 1 under the hood, 1 in the trunk. So here are my questions.

1) Sense the amps are the same model but different generations, would it be safe to run all 4 subs in a common air space if I gain match the amps or should I split the box into 2 chambers?

2) Sense the amp each recommend a 300A fuse yet I only have 1 Alt, would 1 run of 1/0 CCA with 2 300A fuses between the batteries be fine? or should I put 2 runs sense Im running both amps?

3) Would I see any difference between 1 of 2 runs sense I only have 1 270 amp alt?

4) Are there any other key factors im leaving out and/or forgetting before I do this upgrade?

Any and all input is appreciated, thanks! I'm ready to get on this as soon as I can.

OK 1.

It is spelled "Since" not sense. That would not make any SENSE, since it is spelled incorrectly.

Now then. You want to have 2, 2500W amps. Because of efficiency, they may consume as much as 7200W from your electrical.

2) D3100s should be just about adequate for that power level. A 270A alt will charge those batts just fine.

As far as wire, add as many runs as you can fit and afford.

I definitely recommend OFC. A single run of 0awg OFC from front to back may carry 350A. CCA may carry 250A. Fuses are used to protect the wire, not the amplifier. And Kicker may recommend 300A because the amplifier will draw just under that. So you can have 2 runs of OFC 0awg for each amplifier and a 300A fuse on each wire and be good because the fuses protect the wire. SO I suggest a 300A fuse on each 0awg wire you have, no matter how many runs.

If you use CCA you would have to use double the amount of wire and fuse each one with 250A fuse.

Wow! I hope you are not for real on the fuse protecting the wire

I thought the fuse was to protect your equipment, bats, amps, fire, and etc. The wire would be the least of the issues I think

By me saying the fuse protects the wire. I mean it protects the wire from grounding out. Which can cause fire, damage to electrical etc....

we all got that but him i think

Now he thinks for all. what a MOD Di*% rider. Don't listen to every thing you hear use your brain. Who In the F uses a fuse to protect a wire. The fuse is used to protect you your car and any aftermarket products.

Why do you think the mod had to re-post?

Are you dense? An amp and many other aftermarket products can massively shit themselves and go up in smoke long before a fuse blows. When you fuse your power runs your doing it to protect the wire in case of a short nothing else.

LOL dip shit you are suppose to use the fuse to protect your equipment. why do you think they put fuses on amps and other items you install in your car. The In line fuse is their so in case of a ground out, short or failure of a product the item and the car is protected. go to school

they put fuses and brakers in the house to protect the copper wire. Not the house, not you just the copper wire how f ing stooped does that sound?

Archived