How to make sure my electrical system can handle 6000 watts, 4 questions ***ADDED PICS ON PAGE 4***

That doesn't even relate?

Why not fuse to protect the wire right after the power supply, then if your amp doesn't already have built in fusing then fuse a foot of so before the amp.

Your house analogy doesn't make sense...

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

they put fuses and brakers in the house to protect the copper wire. Not the house, not you just the copper wire how f ing stooped does that sound?

No the first thing its there for is the wire ... protecting . YOU, ELECTRONICS, and the house is just a effect of protecting the wire plus even if the fuse blows the electronics still could have been damaged

Dip shit? Wow aren't we mature. Ground out OR short? Lol It's there not their. And I'm the one who needs school

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

to the op, I personally like to put fuses in several places, in the engine bay from alt to battery, alt to back to other batteries and in the back where my equipment is and also fuses to my amps and accessories , just in case I have any type issue such as shorting issues, such as loose wires from vibration or a possible cut from road debry it never hurts to be cautious. so you could say its to make sure I don't lose equipment or have fire issues with my wires. hope that helps a little.

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

with out protecting your power wires first you can lose your equipment, use as many fuses as you want..

2007 trailblazer lthead unit- pioneer p4300dvd

crescendo ft-1 supertweeters

pioneer m650 pros

audiocontrol 2xs crossover

Rockford fosgate p200-2 highsrockford fosgate p400-2 mids1- fi btl 18amps- saz 3500battery- evermax in front, 2 9a31 dekas in rearwires all knuconceptz 1/0 and rcas

I'm done, you can't argue with ignorance :)

Edit: sorry OP for cluttering up your thread

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

What in the world is going on in here lol. Jesus.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Do we change brake pads to protect brake rotors or to protect humans? Of course it's the latter and of course, we fuse electronics to protect humans as well.

However, the phrase "protect the wire" is taken out of context here. What that means is that the rating of the fuse should match, but not exceed, the current capacity of the wire it's connected to. And to clarify, we're talking about the fuse closest to the source of power... which is NOT the battery but, the alternator. Of course, there should also be a fuse between the battery(s) under the hood and the rear battery bank but that's not the point here.

The point is that "protecting the wire" means that the under hood fuse isn't meant to protect the electronics. If your amplifier doesn't have onboard fusing, then you should install another fuse in the supply wire just before it enters the amplifier.

As an example, I recently installed an amp and sub for a friend whom I knew would want larger. He started with a 300 watt amp and a 10" sub but, I ran a 1/0 power wire so that when he wanted more, we wouldn't have to run new wire. That wire is fused at 250 amps under the hood but his first amp was fused onboard, is I didn't need to install a fuse at the amp. If that amp hadn't been fused onboard, I'd have installed a second (50 amp) fuse just before it.

And to further labor the point... your house has a host of 15 and 20 amp circuits run throughout to various plugs. If you only plug one 350 milliamp alarm clock into a 20 amp circuit, do you think you should go and change the breaker to a 350mA? Obviously not... because the breaker's size has nothing to do with protecting what you connect to the plug circuit... it has to do with protecting the wire servicing the plug circuit. And if you connect 60 of those alarm clocks to that circuit, the breaker will trip before the load causes the wire to heat up, melt down and cause a house fire. But it will NOT protect the alarm clocks from a low voltage condition that may damage them.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived