Second Skin Audio

Sub Box finishes

The_Iceman

I was wondering if there was any kind of finish on a sub box that made a difference or if it was all pretty much a prefferance, looks deal.

I've heard putting Bedliner on a box makes a difference, and I'm not sure about that. Trying to decide what I want to put on the outside of the box I'm going to have made

Thanks for all replies in advance :)

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Just brace it.

If you are worried enough do threaded rod with washer/nut on inside and outside.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I will, just wondering in the difference in sub finishes if there is any. Deciding if its worth throwing 50 dollars or so into bedliner or just paint it and be done

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Doesnt necessarily make it stronger but more durable from abuse. I dont think I would bedliner a box and expect it to be adding to structural rigidity. I know aot of people who claim it makes their roofs stronger on the other hand

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Brace and paint. I've seen a lot of people fiberglass the insides of boxes.

I just don't see bedliner doing much other than keeping it from getting scratched.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Ok, well I don't haul anything anyways so scratch chance is real low. Thanks guys

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Car - 2013 scion TC

I was wondering if there was any kind of finish on a sub box that made a difference or if it was all pretty much a prefferance, looks deal.

I've heard putting Bedliner on a box makes a difference, and I'm not sure about that. Trying to decide what I want to put on the outside of the box I'm going to have made

Thanks for all replies in advance :)

not sure if i have seen this on this site or another one ( dunno if i can list it since its another car audio forumn) but this guy spent a good month or so wet sanding his box and the end result was a insane mirror look that actually had perfect reflection of himself in it, and it was wood. i think he put clear coats on then wet sanded it then did it again and again and agian until the wood was so shiny it was a mirror.

Archived