Cablguy184's 1997 Chevy Silverado ... DJM 4/6 - Air Ride

There it is from last year when I first lowered it. Now tinted in the front and hopefully soon I'll get it another inch down and that'll be final ride height. PITA with the wider front track width on the 4wd. Then it's hopefully on to rust repair and the rest of the system install, which I'll post up on here when it happens. After so long in the industry and now being out of an audio shop it's nice to have a place like this for inspiration and motivation since I don't have my guys to rely on.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=4712&pictureid=36307

As far as exhaust on yours because you have a pickup you can do turndowns before the axle. You should have room to run your duals--my stock exhaust doesn't hit--but in with a truck you don't need rear exit like I do in a SUV to keep the fumes out of the cabin.

Guess I'll have to setup a photobucket account....

Static drops are my bag.

As far as exhaust on yours because you have a pickup you can do turndowns before the axle. You should have room to run your duals--my stock exhaust doesn't hit--but in with a truck you don't need rear exit like I do in a SUV to keep the fumes out of the cabin.

Being a Sound Quality competition vehicle, there is no way i can run "turn downs" ...

besides, I do not like the way sound ... on any vehicle ...

can i make a suggestion. Cut the exhaust tip off. just something that bugs me, people make there shit look good and theres a ugly ass tail pipe sticking out

Those are the ends of the pipe, 2.5" pipes ... I do not like those custom tips.

The reason for that particular setup is well, stated above ... i do not like pipes ending under a vehicle.

We Could not run them under the rear bumper because of hooking up to campers / trailers all of the time ...

All I really need to do is have him to recut and tighen up the corners under the truck closer to the bed and more traveling room for the rear end ... Shouldn't be too much of a problem, just time consuming ... which is probably gonna cost me more money ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Looking good man.

Truck looks badass, great job. Wish I could hear your system. Keep rockin it cableguy.

Thank you guys !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well ... This project will get put on hold until I get some engine repairs and upper control arm bushings, and new Front shocks ...

Shouldn't take too long to get back on track ...

• 3 weeks later...

Working hard to get back on this ... hopefully the bed will be comming off soon. Tired of hitting rock bottom ... LOL

Having the bed off will make accessing the frame for the mini bridge MUCH easier. Also the shackle will be more readily accessible ;) Maybe one day, when we FINALLY get your's done, we can finish mine hahahaha.....I don't see us touching that truck anytime soon though. Gotta get the airride parts together for mine too, same as your's, but a touch lower for aesthetics with the smaller wheels. :D

Sponsored by:

Kenwood

Pioneer

Linear Power

YWS

LoCrew Customs

AirRide

SMC

Viair

Series-tuned 6th on 4.8kw @8ohms.

Having the bed off will make accessing the frame for the mini bridge MUCH easier.

Should have the amp rack / enclosure out soon. Then we can get the bed off and get to work.

Archived