Cablguy184's 1997 Chevy Silverado ... DJM 4/6 - Air Ride

Ok ... Now we are getting somewhere !!!

image_url-43297-1386203449.jpg

Damn !!! You would think I was drunk when I cut that wall ... oh well, All I had to use was a jig saw at the time.

This will look ALOT better when she goes back together ... I promise

As for that "C" notch that's not complete ... Getting COMPLETLY torn out and redone and the Air bags are going to be installed ...

So that's how my truck would look if i cut it out..is this hole gonna be for a sub box Cable184?

I desperatly want to see this get done in a step by step basis ok? Also would really like to know if the cab creaks and moans more than usual when going over bumps or making slow turns in hilly/sloped areas!

I don't think that was called for. I have seen such "OK welds" fail. With dirty metal, splattered welds and no geometry involved in the design I would say it's a good thing it's stock again

"C" notch is still there and working fine. All we did was take out the Flip Kit.

And when that pic was taken ... I said that there was more clean up work to be done and that wasn't finished product.

But if they ever "Fail" ... I will let you know.

Thank bro ...

So that's how my truck would look if i cut it out..is this hole gonna be for a sub box Cable184?

I desperatly want to see this get done in a step by step basis ok? Also would really like to know if the cab creaks and moans more than usual when going over bumps or making slow turns in hilly/sloped areas!

That cut out was done about 8 years ago ... and the pics of my enclosure is in my build log.

Link to my build log is on my signature.

Every Blow though application is different. All depending on the Enclosure mouth going into the cabin area.

but yes, I cut out as much as possible to get my enclosure into the truck cabin area, So that is Extreme cut out for these vehicles.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 2 months later...

I don't think that was called for. I have seen such "OK welds" fail. With dirty metal, splattered welds and no geometry involved in the design I would say it's a good thing it's stock again

"C" notch is still there and working fine. All we did was take out the Flip Kit.

And when that pic was taken ... I said that there was more clean up work to be done and that wasn't finished product.

But if they ever "Fail" ... I will let you know.

Thank bro ...

Countless number of trailer pulls (car hauler with the 49 Ford project or my son's 88 Ford F150 loaded) daily with this truck and no problems what so ever ...

again, thanks bro ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived