Second Skin Audio

New dd subs

Dd9515 king

Lastly, like I said Im fine with some china products if things are built legit, and kept to a HIGH quality control. All these glue joints coming undone on the new sundown surrounds should not be happening either.

But at the end of the day sundown does not hide the fact that they are made in china. I think I replied in this thread of that same type of glue being used on some of the cheaper line DD surrounds as well and i just pulled them right off and didnt even need to clean the basket (tho i did so it wouldnt fail again).

DD will deny it all day long, even if your standing in front of their order that just came off the boat with mainland of china all over the paper work.

Forgive me for jumping in. Although not in the same league as 99.9% of you guys,... I've only owned the DD prefab and loved them.

As for glue, my issues with my I6SW have been well documented. Just didn't realise that it was happening with Sundown as well as DD.

1ibf_acd_u5rxm.jpg1ibf_da4_u5rxm.jpg

As for DD, I keep on hearing/reading that quality is down. Stamp Steal Baskets replace older aluminum baskets, then I read the DD marketing stuff and they talk about 'having to machine new basket to accommodate the new 2.5" voice coils' (2500) etc, which seems to be a fair enough point to me, but to others ...

When I first got serious about car audio, I read a comment that DD was 'King Of the Lanes'. The problem is that every weekend there seems to be a new brand popping up, more of the shrinking market being eaten away. Add to that the factor of changing times and changing trends (as reported through various retailers/distributors) that people want loud and more of it, rather than gentile SQ stuff, and so DD are having to compete in a market that wants more, but for far less money. Are they not trying to reach a new market (not siding with DD just throwing it out there)? O

Then there's this famous video

I'm never going to run high output system, and I'm never going to compete, but with the 1500, 2500, 3500 subs, is quality down? I do have Sundown subs, and I do like the Sundown SQ, but I was in the process of buying DD again.

And can reasonable SQ be had from either the 2500 or 3500 range?

that video is joke and its beating a dead horse talking about it again.

In short, you can get SQ from the 2500 & 3500. Hell i thought the 9500 sounded amazing even when doing 50s.

If you start researching a bunch of these new brands youll see theyre all trying to copy DD and most are failing.

hell even tantric tried to buy parts form dd. lol.

in my opinion the sundowns sound muddy. they are good for lows but the higher motor force from the DD in my opinion make them sound great.

but in the end your ears are the judge. and although my preference is the way DD sounds, other people will tell you to get DC, Sundown, Ct sounds, FI, AA, whatever.

but si nce this is a DD thread, the 2500 and especially the 3500 which i would reccommend, will beat the sundowns in all aspects. dependingon which level sundown yo uhave.

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived