(Sorry for wall of text, but worth it if you have joint problems)

A little background on my knee problem.

At the age of 14, I did a 100 foot jump on my dirt bike... Not a problem except that it was during the winter and there was a heavy coat of ice everywhere (school was out, I was a bored dumbass teenager).

When I landed, the dirt bike bounced off my left knee several times cause things to go bad. I had torn a few muscles and chipped a few pieces of the bone off (not knowing this until doctor visit a month later). The bone piece went around tearing up every muscle I had in my knee minus the ACL. I had surgery to fix that and that is where everything has gone bad. I have had a total of 6 surgery’s on my left knee since the age of 15. (Started at 14, knee surgery finally at 15). I’m 26 now. I have no cartilage in my knee at all. During my 5th knee surgery, they removed the knee cap, drilled holes in it and put in artificial cartilage plugs. (Surgery 3,4, and 5 was to clean up a grinding noise and feeling I had on my knee, the cartilage was bad and causing microscopic spikes to form under my knee cap. yes, it’s very painful). Surgery 6 was for a torn Mencius (what very little I had left). My left side lateral muscle (straight your leg out, hand on knee cap, your pinky is where its at. assuming you used your left hand) is badly damaged beyond repair. I can never squat again, I have a hard time climbing stairs, I have limited movement in my knee and it can’t stay in one place for too long or pain starts to really ramp up.

Speaking of pain.... a bottle of Advil (160 caps) is nothing to take in a month, switching between Advil and Aleve every other month. Narcotic pain meds help the best but doesn’t solve the problem.

The solution... Get a knee replacement at the age of 26 and deal with it or ignore the pain until I can’t walk anymore. (Every knee doctor said that I have the knee of a 70 year old retired linebacker)

As I stayed up one night from the pain, I came across a tommy copper brace show. Watched it because I was bored... I didn’t believe anything they said on the show but figured, why not? Its only 40 dollars. I ordered one up and got in the mail about a week later. I open it up to see this flimsy piece of elastic fabric. It looked cool and I’m sure it is a fashion statement but I want relief from pain and support for the knee. I put it on and go on through my daily stuff I do. School work, watching TV, riding my 4 wheeler for a bit. Nothing too bad to stress my knee much. I do this for a few days while wearing it and slowly notice that I am taking less Advil and I’m slowly getting some better movement in my knee. So I’m starting to wonder how this little thing with no side support bars or straps or anything like normal knee braces is working so well… I still don’t know. But I know that it works. I’m assuming it supports the front lateral and the right side muscle beside the knee cap, and somehow has copper dust in it to improve blood flow???

It has been a month since I have ordered it, I wear it daily. Only taking it off for showers and to wash it (it stretches, wash it to return it back to normal stretching strength). I have improved the movement in my knee by about 40%, pain has gone from a 8/10 to about a 3-4/10 and I’m slowly getting back in to all the old things that I use to do.

Now I’m not saying this thing works wonders and is a fix for all but it made a believer out of me and I never order anything off of the TV. (I usually think they’re scam type of crap).

i ordered mine from the tommy copper website, choose the color wanted and it was shipped out to me.. Only had one issue with CS and they forgot to email me a conformation email that i had billed/and it had shipped. Talked to a chat rep and got the email the same day.

If i ever damaged mine, i would order another from them in a heart beat.

i recommand it to all my friends and family with joint pain of any type.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

glad you posted back story or it would sound like you were spokesperson for them lol. I might give one a shot based on your story..i have daily knee pain at 23...i assume from being on an MX bike since age 7..snowboarding wrestling and a few other action sports. Thanks man. I hope it works for me when I decide to try

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Chris, i hope it works for you just as it has for me. i hate living a daily life of knee pain and finally glad i found something that could provide some relief ( besides pills). i got addicted to pain pills once and i do NOT want to go back down that road again.

Let me know how it goes when you get yours

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Great review !

I ripped my meniscus and ligament in highschool, with only 1 surgery.(most likely need more but dont have insurance any longer) I use to use a bulky knee brace that's annoying and uncomfortable, but stopped using it . I still have the occasional pain, pops, uncomfortable feeling . Once i start working out again I'm goin to focus on getting legs/knees stronger and hopefully don't damage them more. Will be getting a new brace

Can you post the link to the product ? Thanks man

http://www.tommiecopper.com/product/knee-compression-sleeve

i paid for faster shipping so mine was/around $40.

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

• 3 weeks later...

I've been contemplating ordering one for the last month or so. I kept reading good and bad reviews. Wrestled 3 weight classed throughout highschool and my knee took a huge brunt of it senior year until I had a partial tear in my lcl and had to end my final season. All was good, it healed up on its own, little pain but mostly after 8+ hrs on it like an old person, rainy days blah blah, then took a spill at work on the greasy floors (restaurant industry, can't avoid every slip). I guess I'll give this a try next pay period and see how it goes

thanks for the post man. I definitely will consider this. I dislocated my left knee at work a year ago. I have full motion (besides squatting putting all my weight to the ground...that still hurts) but it still gets sore at the end of the day. The doc says it should be better by now, took an MRI and didn't find anything. Ended up giving me a Cho-pat knee strap that seems to help until I take it off after work and it just gets sore again. I go to the gym for it at least once a week and it seems to feel better after that. Just recently, it started getting sore with the Cho-pat still on....So this might be a nice alternative.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Thanks for posting this! I've been having knee problems for a couple years now, had surgery once so far but my doctor was suggesting having another surgery before i left on this deployment, instead i asked to try alternative routes. So far nothing has worked, unfortunately my job requires alot of walking and pushing of heavy equipement, both of which cause a good amount of discomfort. I may give this a try, I'll email them tomorrow and see if they ship to APO. If this works i owe you!!

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

• 3 months later...

do you know if they have anything for back pain? i started lifting weights at 18 years old. i was 6ft 122lbs couldn't bench 100lbs to save my life when i started. i lifted every day until i was 25. by then i was repping 265 and curling 165 Max not to shabby for weighing 175. i got a job at a warehouse selecting (picking stuff up all day ten hours a day). a normal day i would move 50,000lbs of product. a few months into the job my.back gave out. 3 bulging discs a tear in my spine a pinched nerve and partial paralysis in my right leg. in 3 months i went from 175 down to 135, was out of work with a fiancee who was 8months pregnant. couldn't eat or sleep because of the stress wasn't my self cuz of the meds. anyway a year later and i live with constant pain! had PE cordazone shots my last option Is surgery and since i have a 1 year old now its not a option at this time. i read how this helped you and was curious about back pain relief? I'm.desperate and willing to try anything!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Might have to look into this. Blew out right knee running in football and the other few weeks later running or lifting. Wrestling the next year and football tore it up bad. Cant squat anything now and hurts after longer walks or running from impact. Was at a 355# squat and now im about 155-175#. Wrestled heavyweight varsity as first year ever and heavyweight was up to 285# I weighed in around 225# the whole season. Trying to shoot destroyed both of them too. Im 18 now and will most likely end up with new knees and a shoulder by time im 30-35. :(

But thanks for the review. I will look into them as the ones with metal spring in sides helped but only till they stretched out from wearing them all day everyday on both knees for a few good months.

Someone find a working shoulder brace. Please? My right shoulder is totalled and I will end up getting it replaced im sure. Hurts like a bitch at times and hates alot of certain activities.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers