Second Skin Audio

please help with treo ssx18 box

greg4510

ok how do i get a ram design and any other suggestions about whether i should do a big box or smaller i have a 2007 chevy tahoe and dont waana do a wall wanna kep just about sit height if possible. i want port back subs up. i have about 13.3 cu ft to work with if i leave myself room for batteries behind the box. right now i have 3 kinetic 2000 batteries in the back with 2 1800 up front. 2 runs of 1/0 thru the truck

It's crazy to me that a sub with such a good amount of Xmax and cone area requires such little port, per manufacturers specs. I think they give those suggested dimensions for every day type of applications. I'm willing to bet a box with more volume and more port than recommended would have MUCH better results in a vehicle and by ear. I'm also willing to bet that the larger enclosure with more port is louder on the TL.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

ok thanks. i saw the website said 50 sq per woofer and i was kinda shocked like thats not enough port. i was gonna do like 150sq for 2 of the 18s in a 13 cu ft box just didnt know the outcome. still want like 32hz in either box i go big or small but i dont have a box program

Ssx like fairly sizable box and port area. Tune low. I'd guess at least 12cu and 180in of port

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

50 is recommended at 4cu, if you go bigger you need more port. Having tested these, they like port. What I suggested is 15^2, its not crazy far off the 12.5^2 treo reccomends. If it was me, I'd go no lower than 14^2

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Archived