Second Skin Audio

please help with treo ssx18 box

greg4510

Same car, same power on 1 ssx 12; 2 different boxes...

1 box did 143@39hz, 1 box did 146@35hz.

Box 1 was just a drop in to my sq box I had a hertz hi energy in, 2.2cu 13^2 @34, 2nd box was my teammates box, 2.8cu, 15^2 @33/34.... 3db is a huge drop in gain. Especially at a lower frequency...I've also heard an ssx15 in over 4cu. It was rowdy. My advice is larger and more port then specs.

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

They are definitely solid woofers. I just haven't had much luck going off their specs. I've missed around with quite a few treo drivers. Ssx is one of my fave subs

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

with the torres box calculator when i do 150 sq in port in a 13.30 cu ft box to try and tune at 32 hz its telling me like a 30" port that has to be wrong. with the 2 woofers its .62 displacement a 3.30 cu ft port displacement. you guys try it and see if im doing something wrong. box is 23h*48w*24.5d* outside dimensions

I don't know what style port your trying to run, but when I put in for a center port, the height of the box, I get 20" of depth, with a 7" wide port. I also have 10.5 cubes net, port displaces 2.1 ft. Tuning is 33.7 Hz. Are you trying to run a port horizontally along the bottom of the box?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived