Second Skin Audio

suggestions on subs and box

Reed Farrar

I just ordered a CT sounds 2500.1 and I was wondering which subs I should choose I just sold my two e8v3s and 2 e10s so i could get the pre-order in time. so I am debating if I should get either 6 e10s , 4 sa10s , or 2 x10s. if I get the X 10 then I would try to put it in the trunk of my Oldsmobile Alero but if I got the 6 10s or 4 10s I would take out the back seats. I just got my 320 mechman alt today and i have a xs power d3400 Under the hood. I also plan on running a ct sounds 125.4 for the highs. If any body has Any old box designs by chance or anything i would appreciate it. Also i have built 4 boxes from joe x and they are so nice. So If you're around the help would be articulated.

Ya i know i didn't give as much information as i could of. but i just thought to make this real quick and didn't wanna go outside lol. Ill post dimensions tomorrow of the truck and the back seats. I'm kinda set on 10s cause sound quality but you can make any sub sound good with the right box. I listen to pretty much only metal so i want something good on the lows but also higher bass. Idk theres alot of choices

I just put in your max dim with double layer .75" wood all around and then a port and sub displacement and the best I could get was 11.5cbft so idk if 15s would work, might be better with 12s that could work in a big box or just a lot of 10s

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

SA12s are not an "SQ" sub. Install is 90% of what makes an SQ system. Lets not use the term SQ here, SQ is not what you're aiming for. You want a clean sound, sure, but not SQ. The X will have better tendencies to do a better job with a quality reproduction of bass, in the right enclosure. If it were me, no questions asked I would do the X's

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

I can fit both cause im just gonna take my back seats out. Cause i want the amps in the back and speakers also. But in just looking overall for the best sounding sub and box. So in you're opinion which do you think would be better? X 10 or 12

Archived