•    

I'm sure you could if you knew what you were doing but subs have ratings for a reason. If ou have to ask then don't do it

• Like 1

I mean, if they are holding up fine on the 3500 now, don't get warm, and mechanically stay under control then yeah probably.

A buddy of mine has done three different builds with two on 5k and they all get nasty and are holding up great. I plan to run a 3k at .5 to each one of mine....

I do know what I'm doing. These subs just came out. What I should have asked was if anyone has ran them on a 5k. I have the electrical to run a 5k all day (see sig). Figured I'd ask to see if someone else has done it. With the 3500 at 1 ohm, the subs don't get warm at all, or even stink. I figure as long as tuning and voltage are correct a 5k would work well. True?

• Like 1

See my above post lol....yes they will love the 5k

Cloud77, Sundown recones are made at Sundown headquarters, not over seas.

Please know what you are saying b4 you try and spout off with info...

• Like 6

Again, if you have to ask then I wouldn't do it. They have ratings for a reason. In would just build a box for rated power

there are people running them on 4k each daily and they lap it up. i run my Xs on more power than you have now and they want more. the zv4 spiders are a fair bit stiffer than the Xs with more motor force. 2 zv4s with easily handle a 5500 , make sure its all clean and they will love it .

Edited by 1clio6