bagged and bodied burban

got the rear bags installed

CAM00057.jpg

also got the pan hard bar installed. kinda hard to get a good pic of it but give you the idea of where i put it. its the gray bar with blue on the end of it that is behind the axle. it is actually a pan hard bar from a newer mustang cobra. i had to shorten it 3" to fit it in, but it works

CAM00036.jpg

one of the last problems to solve was running the exhaust. problem was, with the link bars running along the inside of the frame rails and the rear bags being mounted on the rear axle, there was no room to take the exhaust up over the rear axle to get to the back of the burban. i ended up running it the only way i could see to do it. i cut a 4" hole in the frame, welded in a pipe, then boxed in the frame around the pipe. i passed the exhaust thru the frame, then ran it back between the frame and the rocker, then dumped it out infront of the passenger side rear tire. was a lot of work but i think it turned out pretty good

in this pic you can see where the exhaust goes thru the frame

CAM00126.jpg

here you can see the exhaust coming thru the frame and heading towards the back

CAM00045.jpg

CAM00039.jpg

CAM00133.jpg

WOW ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

i did have one set back, was a good thing that i pulled it back in the garage to check everything out after putting some miles on it because when i did i found this

CAM00210.jpg

on the drivers side front, the metal brake line coming out of the caliper was rubbing the bag. i had bent these lines away from the bags but obviously didn't move the drivers side far enough. the passengers side was fine, so i moved the drivers side more to get the clearance needed but the damage had been done. not sure how thick these bags are or how close this thing is to blowing out so better safe than sorry. i took both front bags out and put the 2600 denominators in to use until i could get a new #3800 bag to replace the damaged one. after being spoiled driving it with the big bags in, the 2600s didn't even come close in comparison.

with the #3800 bags, i only need about 65psi for full lift, it take about 120psi for full lift with the 2600 denominators. the #3800s get 2"s more lift too. my new bag should be here tomorrow.

other than that, everything is working well. next step is gonna be getting some sound deadening in the rear. driving it with just a painted metal floor is pretty loud and annoying, and at certain rpms the drone inside is pretty bad

Damn dude you do some sick ass fabrication!!! I'm more of a lift guy, but you really did a great job on this! Lot's of hard work that looks like it payed off well! the exhaust and the gas cap I thought were really cool!

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived