Any police officers out there?

My gran paw is or was a retired state police and my mom was a correctional nurse. Witch she was deputized so she could arrest your ass if you screw up. I almost chose to be in law inforcement but ending up becoming a plumber slash tile setter. More money lol

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the hiring process and background takes forever. I'm a CO at a local jail. Took me over 9 months from the first interview to my first day. Some agencies will hire you then put you through the police academy. Some will hire you with at least the first third of the academy, on contract to finish school within a year or two. If you put yourself through it, it could give you a leg up on your application. Also on your seriously considering Law Enforcment you joule look into the reserves for each agency and maybe even a cadet program. Our local cadet programs cut off at age 22 or 23. Reserves don't pay well, but they get your foot in the door and get experience.

I second this, not that I'm a CO but I have a cousin that's been trying for a few years to get on and he finally made the sheriff's office but has to start out working in the jail. Persistence pays off it seems for that. Good luck bud keep shootin for it and you'll get it!

What type of educational background do I need to have? I've taken some college classes (the basics) but never had the money to finish out my degree completely. My local PD does ride alongs every so often so I'm going to see about trying to get on one of those. Anybody been in multiple positions in law engorcement and which ones would you recommend over others if you have? Like detective over street patrol or border patrol or sherries office things like that. Thanks guys for the insight

CO here locally is a 6 week course(maybe 8 ). Patrol is 3 sections. Each a semester long. The agencies here will let you start with a conditional contract after the first semester, but you have either a year or year and a half to complete the other two. Community college woul be your cheapest route.

Some agencies do not require and training, after you are hired they pay you to go to training. Lots of competition for those places most the time

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I'm going to school for Criminal Justice. Where I live, the best route is to obtain 60 Credit Hours at a Community College (required). Then go straight to the academy.

I'm 1 semester away from my Bachelor in Criminal Justice, then I will go straight to the academy. Most of the nicer cities (higher paying) require a bachelors of some kind. Whereas the low paying cities (Detroit) only require a High School Diploma.

Rarely do you get hired in here and then get "sponsored" for the academy.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Im the internet police does that count

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im the internet police does that count

No you're an internet fed lol... You have more power than police lol

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Yo... I am not a police officer but I am in federal security...

I can tell you from experience the best way to become a police officer is check your local job postings... They will post openings for police officers. Apply and start waiting lol... Its not a quick hiring process but if you stick with o

it then it will pay off ... Just an fyi when you interview with them if you make it that far be honest about yourself and things you've done :)

I can tell you from experience the best way to become a police officer is check your local job postings... They will post openings for police officers. Apply and start waiting lol... Its not a quick hiring process but if you stick with o

it then it will pay off ... Just an fyi when you interview with them if you make it that far be honest about yourself and things you've done :)

this, they will go behond your record gettin expunged and thrown out cases. even go as far back into your misdemenor records from juvenile , contact the city to see when they hold peace officer tests and then go do them, also it wouldnt hurt to get a 2 year degree in basic law enforcment. you can always try being a correctional officer also ive seen alot of people i know get a job as a co then go into police after that. and remember its a govt job there will be thousands of people applying for that position(s) that are open. so study up and make sure that you know your stuff. i forgot what the test is called to get govt jobs, it has personality tests on it. i went to a job fair for peace officer here in cleveland bout 6 months ago or so 2700 people showed up and they were only hiring about 150 so you better be in the top 90% on test scores

this, they will go behond your record gettin expunged and thrown out cases. even go as far back into your misdemenor records from juvenile , contact the city to see when they hold peace officer tests and then go do them, also it wouldnt hurt to get a 2 year degree in basic law enforcment. you can always try being a correctional officer also ive seen alot of people i know get a job as a co then go into police after that. and remember its a govt job there will be thousands of people applying for that position(s) that are open. so study up and make sure that you know your stuff. i forgot what the test is called to get govt jobs, it has personality tests on it. i went to a job fair for peace officer here in cleveland bout 6 months ago or so 2700 people showed up and they were only hiring about 150 so you better be in the top 90% on test scores

also this is a example. lets say you score a 6'1 and 220 lbs and ran track all your highschool year. and you scored a 91%, WHILE ANOTHER GUY WHO IS 5'5 WEIGHS 325 LBS AND CAN BARELY WALK BECAUSE OF HIS WEIGHT AND SCORED A 92, well sorry they aere going to choose him over you, its bull but thats how govt jobs work, not to be racists here but minorities and women have a better chance to get hired into govt jobs over a well fit white male. its just the truth.

Archived