First post. I'm trying to start a build log, and am having difficulty posting the pictures. I am using photo bucket, and using the IMG address, lets see if it works this time.

DSC00059_zpsd8df968e.jpg

Yes! Two 12" RF P1s in a slanted dual ported box, that box sucked! Had the amp mounted on a board behind the box, RF Prime 500.1, the long one. Had cheap undersized wire, but it still did pretty well. Here's the 'amp rack'

DSC00061_zps315cdf77.jpg

Here's one more of the subs, better view, these are like two years old!

DSC00046_zps722734f6.jpg

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Fast forward a half year or so, and this is what's beatin now...

This amp is sitting five feet away from me, it suffered a catastrophic failure that blew 4 30 amp fuses and toasted every attempt to replace them.

I beat the crap out of this amp, and it finally gave up for good. Before it went, I was trying to sell it, that's why there is a sticker on it.

DSC00085_zps5075b1b1.jpg

These subs are still in daily use, it's one of the best purchases in car audio I've done. A shout out to JL Audio for one durable product! These have been run by three different amps, in three different boxes, three vehicles, and still work perfectly! They even survived an amplifier failure!

DSC00092_zpsc0005fce.jpg

A simple (And Illegal) Mod that looks cooooooooolllll!!!! at night, Soon to be replaced with a legal color.

DSC00103_zps69367ec1.jpg

More on the way, Have to go to class!

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

I had a one point installed everything I could into a pickup, but I decided I wanted it back in my car about 3 months ago, but here's what was in the truck.

That box is like 57" long! It was huge, had the seat all the way forward, it sucked driving, but it had awesome bass, the subs were inches away from you, it just pounded!

So I can't find any pics, but I have some Vids on Youtube, so here's a half a link to copy, I sure would like some more views, too.

watch?v=WgKyhh62jOA

Here's my latest build.

This is the current system, lots of pics, enjoy!

Not much in this one, Just showing that it's still mostly stock, and a bit of damage on the hood (Heh)

IMG_0030_zpsf93498a3.jpg

When you can't afford racing seats, you buy cool seat covers, and these are cool. Got each for 7 bucks, CLEARANCE BABY!

IMG_0032_zps70662cab.jpg

Tip; the glass has to be Uber-clean for the adhesive to stick for longer than ten minutes. Another tip; this light is illegal when driving.

IMG_0038_zpsb0e8a14e.jpg

Stone fleck paint, Cheap LEDs, and a good HU, and Viola! Custom! I want to replace them with a nice orange, and legal, LED set.

IMG_0035_zpsde01694b.jpg

I'm a bit disappointed with the Stone fleck, it sprayed really wet, and was very easy to spray too much,

Rustoleum is good, but I feel Valspar makes a better Stone Fleck, that's whats on the box.

IMG_0031_zps1fcdaf08.jpg

Did more than just the front, I'm not that lazy!

IMG_0034_zps66a91e61.jpg

These were so bland, had to spray 'em.

IMG_0033_zpsc34d14d9.jpg

There they are! I've been beating with the W3s for a long time, never maxed them power wise, but I do

push the amps hard, so they've seen a bit of clipping, but they're fine.

IMG_0039_zpse6f71905.jpg

Port Extensions! For when you need to flex windows at the pawnshop, pop these suckers in and get on it!

I'm very proud of how well these do, it was simple! I'll elaborate on my box a little later, there's a sob story

behind it. Well, for me it was a sob story, I almost did cry.

IMG_0046_zps84af38ca.jpg

This is a big post, I'll start another one in a bit.

Here's my latest build.

MOAR PIKX!

Right now, running two runs of DB Link Softouch and Standflex CCA 4Gauge wire to the rear, frame grounds. 100A circuit breaker, never had it trip.

Finally completed the big three, just last week actually, see the white wire? That goes to the alt, made a big difference, headlights almost don't dim anymore!

Stock bat and alt, it'll be that way for some time. Doubled up the ground at the bat, makes it even.

Also have a small 8Ga wire going to a fused Dist block, have room on it for 3 more accessories, maybe fans and lights later on.

Don't worry about the two smaller wires, they are just hanging in there, not connected at either end, it's for if I want lights in the bumper again.

IMG_0047_zps4a6b5991.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsc7a8733b.jpg

This is the blue LED that came in a two pack LED Strip from Wally world, just splice it to the factory wiring, and boom,

custom, useful light for cheap!

IMG_0051_zpse4dec009.jpg

All that bass, and still a usable trunk!

IMG_0052_zpsaa0799c4.jpg

Can you guess the exact model of the larger amp?

IMG_0053_zps95a50703.jpg

Yeah, custom mounted TR6x9s, HPF is set to 150, so they only play stuff they can handle.

Each one is bridged @4 ohms one on each side of the amp, so they get some juice.

IMG_0057_zps7f23e87d.jpg

When I can get the marco/focus thing right, there's some really good clarity from this cheap camera!

But it's hard to focus it with a lever the size of a grain of rice!

IMG_0059_zps06711770.jpg

By the way, this is not cleaned up for a photo shoot, so Some dirt and dust will be present, but I don't mind too much.

It's a system made to be enjoyed, not a show piece. I love the system, I play it as loud as I can stand, and readily give demos.

It's really not that loud on the outside, but as soon as you sit inside, it's loud. And yes, I really did flex the windows at a pawnshop.

In the interest of selling the amp, I demonstrated, and could see the windows bending a bit, nothing drastic, but they were visibly moving,

The guy at the shop said it was the most potent system he had heard, and he sells amps and stuff all day.

He even said the door was clacking a bit.

I found out it's capability earlier at the local shop, a shout out to Big Daddy's Stereo, they hooked me up with my HU.

I rattled their Neon sign and door on the lows, and I was just tickled pink by that.

Anyway, Hit me up with any questions! I'll get around to them soon, I'm so excited about this post!

Here's my latest build.

This is the first fuse I'd ever installed, it was a cheap one, and a lesson learned.

IMG_0065_zps97990b50.jpg

This is a Memphis PRD1000.1 that I bought for way too much, and as soon as I hooked it up, it almost caught fire.

I take it back to the shop I bought it from, and they charged me 60 bucks to repair it, after shelling out 175 for it used.

It worked fine after that, I beat on it for a good while, but as soon as I hooked it up in my truck, it failed catastrophically after some very enthusiastic testing, cleanly blowing all it's fuses, and cooking every fuse I put in, so it's a goner now, anyone want a paperweight for twenty bucks? It might be that transistor thing that cooked the first time, so it could be saved, but I'm not going to be the one to bring it back to life, I've moved on.

IMG_0066_zpsf01a8833.jpg

Here's my latest build.

• 3 weeks later...

Just helped a friend install some cool stuff he got from another friend, he upgraded quite a bit, he was using a lesser 600w 4ch amp to power a single sealed 12, and now has my JX500 mono, cleaned up his wires a good bit, and hooked up his two ported 12s, he was so happy! Well, I'm happy too, one, I got to work on a vehicle, and two, the amp his friend gave him would have destroyed those two twelves, and probably mine too. Anyway, he's loving it, and I have a monster amp to deal with now. 2,700 rms at 2 ohms to my poor W3s, I have to be careful. Man, I have to re-plan my whole build I've started to include one 50 amp fuse and a 250 amp fuse, this is gonna be fun! And I might just cook my subs! I might just run that amp off of the 100 amp circuit breaker, that would roughly limit it's output, right?

Anyway here's what I was planning before that monster fell into my hands.

Vehicle anatomy 101! take er' apart!

IMG_0033_zpsdb53e7e7.jpg

Getting that fuse center out was a royal pain, there was a spring loaded clip that locked it into place.

I'll go ahead and tell you, there's no more clip holding it. Yeah, we got to that firewall!

IMG_0039_zps645a1ccd.jpg

Stuffed two 30" or so sections of plastic conduit from here to just inside the firewall, so all you have to do is push the wire into the conduit and it's in the cabin, protected, and you can even stuff some split loomed 4ga into it, might some day run 0 ga. might have to for this amp.

IMG_0045_zps34d3d2be.jpg

This was the original plan, but now I no longer have the JX500, so I'm brainstorming now, with not much success, I refuse to have an amp mounted to a box, it's sloppy.

intlayout_zps220f2d40.jpg

I will have more to post later, I have several things to do tomorrow on top of classes, but I'm excited to finally be doing something again!

Can anyone guess what amp I got?

Here's my latest build.

Jl slash series first gen? They were some of the most under rated amps out at the time they were made

Yeah I know, I wish I had one. But it is a discontinued series, it's a G4500. I love it, what sold me was the balanced differential inputs.

Almost no noise at all, and plenty of power for all four corners of the car, now I just need to upgrade the front stage from stock and I'll be thinking it's good enough to compete!

Picture time! Few updates, and an off topic update too. Been waiting two weeks to finally do this, apparently working on

your car on campus can get you a ticket, so I had to finish at me mums house, Driveway builds FTW!

IMG_0097_zps00388b7d.jpg

Monster XP OFC XPNW MS wire ran to rear deck, it's very nice wire, easy to work with,

and a nice jacket with a second inner jacket, and a weird core of some clear plastic, too.

IMG_0098_zps5c4b32fe.jpg

Oh, yeah, and one of these, too.

IMG_0071_zps0e631238.jpg

I have both amps hooked up on a 100 amp circuit breaker, but it hasn't tripped yet, which tells me that the demon amp

doesn't really putout the proposed 2700 rms it claims, I'm guessing at the max it's like 1300 or so, but that's

800 more than my last amp, so I'm happy for now. Also, my favorite tool box looked a bit scratched up, so I

went nuts for two hours and sanded most of the paint off, so here's a before and after, and tomorrow I'll spray it with

bed-liner, or matte aluminum in a can, whichever I feel like. and then clear coat the crap out of it! Hooaah!

IMG_0102_zps96688fb2.jpg

Two hours and sore hands later...

IMG_0103_zps8b0cc6a9.jpg

I want to post pics of the two builds I've done for friends recently, but scheduling is a concern. I might post the next one tho...

Here's my latest build.

Yeah, I know, it's not a car build thingy, whatever, it's a tool box I use very often, and it's a little project to dabble with without spending anything.

So, a rattle can of spray bed-liner, and matte aluminum on the outside, plus like triple layer clear coat. It's gonna be sweet!

And hopefully the bed-liner will deaden the clinking of the tools too, so it's not so obvious that I have a tool box.

IMG_0113_zps2c76515b.jpg

I've been wanting to experiment with this matte aluminum spray, but I think it was too cold, it kinda clumped and didn't make that layer the SP usually makes.

Here's my latest build.

Archived