Sundown Audio

whats an affordable(300ish$) 2500 rms @ 1 ohm amp?

Novak

Cheap/reliable/puts out the power your looking for, pick two

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind extending my budget if the amp is worth it like a dc 2k or something similar

god if everyone who asked these kinds of questions had this attitude, we would have so much less stupid / repetitive / naive arguing on posts like this. Hopefully it spreads like the flu.

ohh and ur sub build log is nasty awesome I cant wait to see it finished

Thanks man, I had you're same dilemma. I was running seriously low on any funds after getting all the woofer material that a real proper amp seemed like a fantasy. But I knew that it would be just a waste of money to throw 2 under-powered amps that would under-power the woofer instead of just buying the DC 3.5k, and I'm glad I did. The problem with car audio is people want to cheap out on as many areas as possible, and many times that leads to more money being used because of issues with cheap equipment. You want to be careful.

You don't buy a 12 million dollar mansion in Miami and not get flood/water/hurricane insurance do you?

You don't take your uninsured Lamborghini to the Costco parking lot at 5:30pm on a tuesday right?

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

ya lol I know I cant have cheap powerful and reliable

but im trying to get the best bang for my buck

as of right now I have 200 and I can easily sell my alpine for 100-120 in a day or so

I have until nov 1 for the comp for an amp ill try to get some extra money and see what I cant find

and then (hopefully) I can get a better amp than what im facing now

98 honda civic hx build in process

have need

sundown x-12 d4 more sound deadening

sundown saz1500d v2 alternator (mechman)

sky high 1/0 w/ big 3 false walls and fiberglassing

amp rack (half done) and box processor

kicker zx 200.4 (mids/highs)

infinity reference components

trunk lid rear deck and rear quarter panels deadened

kinetic hc1400 under the hood (picking up 2 more late Jan early feb)

check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wF0CV2NaX4

November 9th, 2013 metered 140.3 at Midwest audio &detailing sealed on dash w/ termlab (w/ old alpine amp, new amp yet to be metered)

Are you saying 1ohm power of the AQ or BC is a turnoff? Both of those amps would trash a Hifonics 2400, and are essentially every bit as good as the dc

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

ill have to look at it but its power @ 1 ohm is the turn on cause i know it is underrated

when I add my 2nd x12 ill be a little low

let me help you with that

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

For that price range a soundstream Rubicon 2500

I'm not saying that its that bad I know they are good amps and even being under rated I don't know how underrated they are. all I was trying to get at is 2400 watts is probably what it will do on my electrical maybe 2500 burping. so I would rather have a little over powered rather then underpowered. just so when my voltage drops ill still be dancing around 2350-2400. but be able to burp at maybe 2600ish. and I was just going to pick up a hifonics mainly because they're good while they last (maybe 6 month) and its cheap. they may not do rated but they come close. but, regardless I opted not to get one putting back money till I can find better power. untill then my old alpine mrx-m100 will be pushing it

98 honda civic hx build in process

have need

sundown x-12 d4 more sound deadening

sundown saz1500d v2 alternator (mechman)

sky high 1/0 w/ big 3 false walls and fiberglassing

amp rack (half done) and box processor

kicker zx 200.4 (mids/highs)

infinity reference components

trunk lid rear deck and rear quarter panels deadened

kinetic hc1400 under the hood (picking up 2 more late Jan early feb)

check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wF0CV2NaX4

November 9th, 2013 metered 140.3 at Midwest audio &detailing sealed on dash w/ termlab (w/ old alpine amp, new amp yet to be metered)

why do you ask if you made you rmind up? I mean really?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

haha N8 posts in right after the hifonics post lol. timing on point.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I'm not saying that its that bad I know they are good amps and even being under rated I don't know how underrated they are. all I was trying to get at is 2400 watts is probably what it will do on my electrical maybe 2500 burping. so I would rather have a little over powered rather then underpowered. just so when my voltage drops ill still be dancing around 2350-2400. but be able to burp at maybe 2600ish. and I was just going to pick up a hifonics mainly because they're good while they last (maybe 6 month) and its cheap. they may not do rated but they come close. but, regardless I opted not to get one putting back money till I can find better power. untill then my old alpine mrx-m100 will be pushing it

lol. stop trying to guess to the hundred watts. i mean shit. you're not going to see 2k anyways. maybe like 1500 after box rise, depending on how high you rise. and voltage drop.

plus hifonics amps lose 18% of their rated power for every volt dropped from 14.4v.

Archived