Skar Audio SK-4500.1D Amplifier Dyno (Power) Test Results -- 8,600+ WATTS!!!

Damn how did I miss that 15.42 Volts

You also know, that the .5 load test, is reactive right? .Not nominal....

Would you wire to like .2 ?

I thought it was nominal not reactive. Like nominal would mean that it is always .5 and a reactive load would change.

Could be wrong though.

No, the Dyno tests using purely resistive loads. It is NOT subject to any type of rise. If a test is done at 1 ohm, then that is what the amp is seeing for the entire duration of that test.

Now that being said, the dynamic test is much easier on the amp and electrical than the certified or uncertified tests. I would be very surprised if that amp stayed on for a .5ohm certified test.

And for the fact that he simply states they will not warranty the amp at .5 ohm. I don't get why a company would test at .5 ohm load and then not warranty if they are going to brag about results? Still great numbers and loved my 4500s.
It will give you an idea of what you will get with impedance rise factored in.

For example, as kyle said, 1 ohm dyno will be similar to wiring to .5 in your vehicle.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Actually I stand by what I said .5 on the dyno is .5 no rise. That is why the amp would protect on a cert run.

Resistive<> reactive. The dyno presents a fixed ohm load. A sub does not.

I thought it was nominal not reactive. Like nominal would mean that it is always .5 and a reactive load would change.

Could be wrong though.

No, the Dyno tests using purely resistive loads. It is NOT subject to any type of rise. If a test is done at 1 ohm, then that is what the amp is seeing for the entire duration of that test.

Now that being said, the dynamic test is much easier on the amp and electrical than the certified or uncertified tests. I would be very surprised if that amp stayed on for a .5ohm certified test.

And for the fact that he simply states they will not warranty the amp at .5 ohm. I don't get why a company would test at .5 ohm load and then not warranty if they are going to brag about results? Still great numbers and loved my 4500s.

For example, as kyle said, 1 ohm dyno will be similar to wiring to .5 in your vehicle.

I have to disagree. I have wired to .5 ohm and seen anywhere from 1.2-6 ohms reactive.

Could be wrong though.

We did the test because customers requested it, and just because we cannot warranty them at that load does not mean a lot of our competitors don't run it at that load without issues =) They are on an uncharged bank of (16v) batteries (4 Batteries), so of course the dynamic runs are short and not as much of a drain on the batteries as the cert and uncert tests, but nonetheless it gets the point across that this is a very strong amplifier. The Certified and Uncertified Tests are the most accurate tests to go by if you are looking for real power at 1 ohm.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

Could be wrong though.

I have to disagree. I have wired to .5 ohm and seen anywhere from 1.2-6 ohms reactive.
Should have been so specific. Obviously you're not going to see exactly exactly 1 ohm on the dot every time.

But the point I was trying to make was it will get you in the ballpark.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I know these amps(Skar)and others like CT Sounds, Crescendo, Shok industries don't have the Efficiency % listed. The ones that did were Sundown, Digital Designs, Ampere Audio and Incriminator Audio. I didn't look up any more. Now we all know all of these amps can put up impressive numbers, but can someone tell me why some don't put the efficiency %? I actually would like to know every test result before buying. Which is why I bought my NS-1 and a .4. Just curious cause I thought these amps went through a ton of test before being sold. I asked one of the company's about the % and his reply was he didn't have that info in his R&D testing results. It may mean nothing cause I'm not an amp guru, but it kinda put up a red flag and I bought from someone who did have it. With that being said I have nothing bad to say about any of the mentioned amps cause I always hear/read good things. I'm just curious about that info.

I know these amps(Skar)and others like CT Sounds, Crescendo, Shok industries don't have the Efficiency % listed. The ones that did were Sundown, Digital Designs, Ampere Audio and Incriminator Audio. I didn't look up any more. Now we all know all of these amps can put up impressive numbers, but can someone tell me why some don't put the efficiency %? I actually would like to know every test result before buying. Which is why I bought my NS-1 and a .4. Just curious cause I thought these amps went through a ton of test before being sold. I asked one of the company's about the % and his reply was he didn't have that info in his R&D testing results. It may mean nothing cause I'm not an amp guru, but it kinda put up a red flag and I bought from someone who did have it. With that being said I have nothing bad to say about any of the mentioned amps cause I always hear/read good things. I'm just curious about that info.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1