Skar Audio SK-4500.1D Amplifier Dyno (Power) Test Results -- 8,600+ WATTS!!!

Damn how did I miss that 15.42 Volts

You also know, that the .5 load test, is reactive right? .Not nominal....

Would you wire to like .2 ?

I thought it was nominal not reactive. Like nominal would mean that it is always .5 and a reactive load would change.

Could be wrong though.

No, the Dyno tests using purely resistive loads. It is NOT subject to any type of rise. If a test is done at 1 ohm, then that is what the amp is seeing for the entire duration of that test.

Now that being said, the dynamic test is much easier on the amp and electrical than the certified or uncertified tests. I would be very surprised if that amp stayed on for a .5ohm certified test.

And for the fact that he simply states they will not warranty the amp at .5 ohm. I don't get why a company would test at .5 ohm load and then not warranty if they are going to brag about results? Still great numbers and loved my 4500s.

We did the test because customers requested it, and just because we cannot warranty them at that load does not mean a lot of our competitors don't run it at that load without issues =) They are on an uncharged bank of (16v) batteries (4 Batteries), so of course the dynamic runs are short and not as much of a drain on the batteries as the cert and uncert tests, but nonetheless it gets the point across that this is a very strong amplifier. The Certified and Uncertified Tests are the most accurate tests to go by if you are looking for real power at 1 ohm.

I get that part, but to advertise it as such...I mean the intro to this thread says Dyno results 8600 watts. I'd just hate to see someone buy it and ruin it and it not be warrantied for something you advertised saying hey looky here. You know I love the amps. I had two, until I sold the car. Would still have them if I had something to put them in. At least put a disclaimer in the first post lol. People these days are so huge in to running a lower (most of the time unneeded) impedance and then when the thing pops...oops sorry.

And no one is hating (not me at least I still run Skar lol). It's seeing an amp posted up doing something like this with little info to go on that throws the red flag. Can the amp do these numbers? Sure, but how were these numbers attained?

And Sactown916...Efficiency @ 4 Ohm : 85%<

It is listed ;)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

I don't get why everyone wants give Skar shit about their dyno results.... anyway I would like to see the Sk2500 on the dyno @ 12volts

you dont know why everyone gives skar shit? really?

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Enough with the bashing, everyones been given a warning in the past. I mean lets grow up. The sk4500 bench was requested by me and a number of other potential customers. I even asked for a .5ohm run. Granted I'm even saying I think there needs to be a 3 step bank for the dyno runs, 12v 14v and 16v. I'm impressed with the numbers even with the spiked voltage. The only amp that worries me is the sk3500.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

inb4 whatever happens boring or banning.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I will also be doing this amplifier on our 12v Bank (6 SK-BT75s) within the next few days. I do not have a 14v bank in the test bench area yet but one day when that is complete we will get those results as well =)

The Dyno is set up for the SK-2500.1D Testing Today, and the video of the SK-4500.1D testing should be finished uploading to YouTube shortly.

Best Regards,

Kevin

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg