Second Skin Audio

ported or sealed...?

Alex Osborn

hey, im running a fairly basic low powered setup:

audioline azx800m mono(800 peak, 400rms @ 2ohms)

2 x kenwood kfcw3013(400rms @ 4ohms) in paralell

here is the datasheet for the subs:

http://images.kenwood.eu/files/prod/2093/5/KFC-W3013_2513.pdf

anyway my question is, should i continue to run a ported box.. which is just about exploding from the pressure and i have had to reinforce or to port it, however i have looked into it and the resonant frequency is 25hz & the Qes=.91 making for an ebp of around 27 meaning that it is recommended that i remain sealed, however pioneer gives specifications for both ported and sealed boxes.

By the way im more of a loud bass guy than a quality guy, anyway id appreciate to hear your input guys!

I would either switch boxes or subs, definantly more suited for sealed.

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

Welcome to the forum btw. I just noticed that was your first post. I hope you like it around here. You already sound like you know a thing or two ;) with the mention of EBP.

cheers mate, yeah iv been watching SMD on youtube for awhile, a lot of it comes from a background in physics, i only just googled ebp and the recommendations up about five minutes ago, just wanted to get some advice since it says both ported and sealed.

aghhh its a budget build, $100 per sub, $80 for the amp and $30 for the box so im not gonna bother switching anything out but its estimated at around 115-125 db

Archived